Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, WBT said:

The walk was the only problem with the inning.  The rest was a bunch of babip fuckery.  The flyout to the track was the best hit ball of the inning by far.  

Not pulling him after the walk was the biggest problem with the inning.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, WBT said:

Contact play with 1 out

brad pitt smoking GIF

2 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

If we don’t re-sign King Tuck I’m going to be depressed for a long time. He deserves a 10 year deal and I’m confident it’d be a good deal for us.

Bless your heart.

4 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

If we don’t re-sign King Tuck I’m going to be depressed for a long time. He deserves a 10 year deal and I’m confident it’d be a good deal for us.

I’m gonna have to go to Spotrac to see what the longest contract the Astros have ever given. 

My guess is that it is years less than 10. Plurally of course. 

Posted (edited)

Lets get this one boys. 

Then we’re gonna give the Angels the beating they’ve grown accustomed to from the Astros, regardless of whether they have that overrated Trout in the lineup or not. Or Ohtani. Fucking pound them. 

No lube. 

And yes neither will be in uniform. Lol. 

Edited by Overlord
U

Hot take, but the Astros are going to resign Tucker, he's the first guy we'll have hit the market that's a no brainer to do so with.  He also hits the counting stats Bagwell is fond of as well as the advanced nerd ones he's not.  So he does what everyone in the front office likes on some level.  10-340 will be a no brainer with a higher first year trailing down to the end.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, uoftorange said:

I think if we don't it will be because he didn't want to, not because the Astros didn't give me a good number

Something tells me Tuck is not happy with the arbitration 2 years back. 

I think that's going to be on the back his mind. 

That was foolish. 

3 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Something tells me Tuck is not happy with the arbitration 2 years back. 

I think that's going to be on the back his mind. 

That was foolish. 

He's a grown adult that knows this is a business.  I didn't like it because of the optics, but I don't think it's going to be a deal breaker in the end.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Overlord said:

Bringing Abreu back is wrong. 

He is a cancer. And what happens when you don't address it aggressively and early?

It spreads. 

Breggy I'm looking at ya. 

Yeah I fucking hate it.  He's one conversation with Chandler Rome away from getting in everyone's head again too.

2 minutes ago, uoftorange said:

He's a grown adult that knows this is a business.  I didn't like it because of the optics, but I don't think it's going to be a deal breaker in the end.  

San Francisco is waiting for him. 

They’ll do 10.

2 minutes ago, Overlord said:

He is a cancer. And what happens when you don't address it aggressively and early?

It spreads. 

On the one hand you're not wrong.

On the other, it's not your 38MM that's being lit on fire if you do.  If they think they saw something in him and he can contribute then I have to respect the professional org evaluators.  Now did they see enough to put him in the starting lineup?  Or did anyone in the org say he would be in the starting lineup?  I haven't seen that if so

8 minutes ago, Overlord said:

It spreads. 

They are 12-7 since getting rid of that shithead, 9-19 with him.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1