Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

Fuck can we give that Abreu home run back?

That solo shot is going to get King Suck at least 16-23 more PA’s without consequences. 

Meaning that one home run will have a negative impact in proportion to what it provided in today’s game. 

• Rage+1 3

21 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I guess caught stealing isn't technically TOOTBLAN, but that's pretty much Tuve's nickname at this point, so . . . 

I have seen TOOTBLAN in posts over many months and have been to lazy to look it up. 

And I do have to say that Altuve certainly could obtain that moniker. 

I’ve always been flummoxed by his baserunning accumen. 

Although I do agree that getting thrown out may not add value to it. Historically, Altuve is TOOTBLAN, and TOOTBLAN is Altuve. 

25 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

12:05 start.

Roku channel only

so ~11:45 for Dana weekly pregame. will see if we get the news on Urquidy and Javier  

Says you can watch it free

https://www.mlb.com/news/how-to-watch-roku-mlb-sunday-leadoff#:~:text=The MLB Sunday Leadoff game can be viewed on the,the app to your device.

Putting all these random games on streaming services no one has is so stupid

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, WBT said:

Says you can watch it free

https://www.mlb.com/news/how-to-watch-roku-mlb-sunday-leadoff#:~:text=The MLB Sunday Leadoff game can be viewed on the,the app to your device.

Putting all these random games on streaming services no one has is so stupid

Meh. Very “old man yelling at clouds” sounding.

yeah it’s annoying but it’s not that bad (my “old man yells at clouds” moment  is having to leave an hour earlier from Austin to get to this game…that I bought tickets for months ago only to see the time change a few weeks ago)

my bigger issue is that I don’t understand how this expands your audience.

You piss off your local market who is actually interested in watching the game in exchange for what?

who in 48 states not named Texas and Minnesota are hanging around their house late on a Sunday morning/early on a Sunday afternoon watching the freaking Roku channel and stumbling across a baseball game and thinking “hmm. This looks interesting. Let me stop for a few hours and check this out.”

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Meh. Very “old man yelling at clouds” sounding.

yeah it’s annoying but it’s not that bad (my “old man yells at clouds” moment  is having to leave an hour earlier from Austin to get to this game…that I bought tickets for months ago only to see the time change a few weeks ago)

my bigger issue is that I don’t understand how this expands your audience.

You piss off your local market who is actually interested in watching the game in exchange for what?

who in 48 states not named Texas and Minnesota are hanging around their house late on a Sunday morning/early on a Sunday afternoon watching the freaking Roku channel and stumbling across a baseball game and thinking “hmm. This looks interesting. Let me stop for a few hours and check this out.”

Well I agree for the reasons you gave.  Especially pissing off the local fans that watch every game.

• Hook 'Em 1

We’ve owned Rokus for three or four years and I don’t think I’ve ever gone to the Roku Channel.  Have never stumbled across anything interesting on there because I’ve never watched it in the first place.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Welch said:

We’ve owned Rokus for three or four years and I don’t think I’ve ever gone to the Roku Channel.  Have never stumbled across anything interesting on there because I’ve never watched it in the first place.

That’s the point 

20 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

June schedule talk.  Schedule is once again pretty friendly.

3-4 mediocre teams (MIN, SF, DET), 3-4 bad teams (LAA, CWS, COL, NYM), 1 good team (BAL)

Really no excuse not to be back to .500 by June 30 (except for the Javier and Urquidy issue)...which is two games past the halfway mark. I'll say we're one game short:

MIN 1-1

STL 2-1

LAA 3-0

SF 1-2

DET 2-1

CWS 3-0

BAL 1-2

COL 1-1

NYM 2-1

=16-9, 41-42 overall

I’m going 15-10, 40-43.  But it also wouldn’t shock me if they ripped off a big streak and went like 20-5; the rotation is pitching well with Brown and Arrighetti throwing rounding into form, the lineup is deep with Alvarez and Breggy waking up, and the bullpen has really pitched well all season (with some bad luck fucking up their era).  TAP (The Abreu Predicament) could fuck it all up tho.

• Hook 'Em 2