Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

Singleton on suicide watch....getting PH for Abreu will do that to you

Abreu as a Ph huh? Wonder what the numbers say about that, at least Diaz made it moot.
'Checks numbers'

DUMB AS FUCK BOB
  • Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Boy, Yanier totally bailed Espada out of some tough questions during post game presser

Espada is a rotting wound that needs to be amputated. Just like the Texans and Rockets had no chance of success with the worst coach in their respective leagues in Culley and Silas. Thank God our players overcame his stupidity to get the W.

Edited by Macklemore

9 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Why don't they ever show Abreu looking at the Ipad in dugout?

Is he not technologically saavy?

According to radio last week, you just don't want to use analytics with extremely gifted players like Abreu.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Overlord said:

If all you did was watch strikes and swing at balls in the dirt would you want to watch that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Overlord said:

6 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

If all you did was watch strikes and swing at balls in the dirt would you want to watch that?

He shouldn't be looking at himself, he should be watching video of someone good.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, dr99 said:

I fucking hate that pitch framing is taught and lauded as a skill.  It's intentionally exploiting the weaknesses in the system to manipulate an umpire into an incorrect call.  Oh, your catcher is really good at cheating the system?  Yay, I guess.  Please bring us robot umps and end this farce.

Edited by Guadaloopy
  • Hook 'Em 3

I want to hear one good reason why they are going to wait until the 2025 season to introduce the MiLB pitch challenge system (hopefully) and didn’t introduce it this year.

and don’t give me the “umpire union”.  If it’s not strong enough to prevent the strikezone box on the TV screen, it’s not strong enough to prevent the challenge system.

13 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Risking your career for less than $30 seems dumb.

I love that they make sure to announce the results of the offense.

like, it’s not bad enough we’re announcing why you’re getting suspended, we’re also going to make sure everyone knows how good or shitty of a gambler you are 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

I fucking hate that pitch framing is taught and lauded as a skill.  It's intentionally exploiting the weaknesses in the system to manipulate an umpire into an incorrect call.  Oh, your catcher is really good at cheating the system?  Yay, I guess.  Please bring us robot umps and end this farce.

If we're going to have human umpires, I want my catcher to do everything possible to get a called strike.

24 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

Posting again so you can see the whole list without clicking. Two ways of looking at it - (1) there HAS to be regression to the mean on “clutch” performance or (2) proof that they’re cooked. 

IMG_9610.thumb.jpeg.1886eec954f8649e9023ce024c2075ea.jpeg

I’d like to see that stat for a full season for each of the last couple of years 

Pressley is the set up man, the Astros need him to successful…per espada on the radio just now. 

Chas is going to get at bats, need his production. Swing was a little off coming off last IL stint. 

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

I’m guessing Tucker is down for a couple of days ….

Hopefully we get 25% of this production while he’s back up:

Trey Cabbage - Cabbage had a monster week. In six games he had 7 hits, all for extra bases. He had 2 doubles, 5 homers and drove in 15 runs. This included an 8 RBI night on Wednesday.

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

IMG_0587.jpeg

Jake Meyers batting cleanup.

what a season. 
don’t think Yordan needs to worry about taking a bat to the plate. If he sees anything within 2 feet of the plate, the cardinal pitcher delivering it should be cut 

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Pressley is the set up man, the Astros need him to successful…per espada on the radio just now. 

Chas is going to get at bats, need his production. Swing was a little off coming off last IL stint. 

So, why did they rush him back. This organization is more stupid than not now. I do love it how he says Chas is going to get at-bats and then the lineup comes out and no Chas.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 hour ago, UTexasFight said:

Hopefully we get 25% of this production while he’s back up:

Trey Cabbage - Cabbage had a monster week. In six games he had 7 hits, all for extra bases. He had 2 doubles, 5 homers and drove in 15 runs. This included an 8 RBI night on Wednesday.

Lettuce celebrate.