Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

1st baseman, another reliver, and a starting pitcher and we're back in WS contention.

2 of 3 and we have a real good shot to get in playoffs and who knows.

1 of 3 and we're going to need some significant help from other teams IMO.

None and we make it interesting but I can't see us getting into the tournament.

I've been wrong, however.

10 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

How has his approach/gameplan changed now vs April?

or is he attacking the same just finally executing?

They mentioned on the radio broadcast he was attacking more inside to set up his slider.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

1st baseman, another reliver, and a starting pitcher and we're back in WS contention.

Bregman for Pete Alonso. 

1 hour ago, Dnaguy said:

IMG_0736.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

I’d be surprised if we added anyone besides Dana promoting our own dogshit AAA guys. We should be selling like fucking crazy so we’re not in a 3 year phase of denial and go down in flames into another 5 years of trying to rebuild. Start now.

I would love to see what Loperfido, Leon, Wagner, Bastidas, and Whitcomb could do, unforunately we are promoting Cabbage, Hummel, Amaya, Kessinger, and Salazar instead to go along with Singleton.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

I'd take all these front office stories more seriously if they didn't all start out whining about Click being fired.  He was too passive and needed to go regardless.  

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

If we lose one starter, it’s all over for 2024

*one more

And I tend to agree unless France can somehow renegotiate the deal with the devil he made last year.

Edited by WBT

59 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

0-3 / .215. he’s been lost at the plate for at least a month 

Meyers is .172/.200/.207 last 15 games. He is who he’s always been. He’s a couple good catches and two good weeks at the plate from being on the bus next to Abreu. I won’t stop whipping this horse but he has no business starting for a team that has World Series aspirations unless the other 8 guys are killing it. And we left that behind in 2019. Chas is one good month last year from getting double occupancy rates. If you can’t pick out your starters then you have no starters. We’ve been playing musical chairs with left and center since Brantley got hurt. We may have bigger needs but OF is a black hole also. Getting rid of Abreu knocked the fever down but the patient is still sick.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, WBT said:

I'd take all these front office stories more seriously if they didn't all start out whining about Click being fired.  He was too passive and needed to go regardless.

click made the maton/diaz deal and signed Dubon. These are the type of deals we need, and haven’t found since he left 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

click made the maton/diaz deal and signed Dubon. These are the type of deals we need, and haven’t found since he left 

He actually traded for Dubon, but also got Montero along in the Graveman deal and brought in Stanek and Neris in FA. Click was a very good GM, because he did something Luhnow never really did, prioritized building an excellent bullpen. The real reason we won the 2022 WS. Click was also stupidly vetoed on traded fucking Jose Urquidy for Contreras, and then we had to reach for Vazuqez and it cost us 1 player that would be on our 26 man roster right now that is currently carrying a .800+ OPS and actually has a strong OF arm.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

None of that is news and no fucking way a baseball lifer is quitting one of the 30 GM MLB positions in the universe.  He's almost 60--this is his one shot at it. 

Hopefully Abreu's DFA is the start of Brown doing SOMETHING.