Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

2 hours ago, drewlaws said:

Honest question. Do yall trust this organization to rebuild? Is Dana Brown the guy and if so, can he do it without Crane/Bagwell meddling?

Yes, I trust Dana Brown to make intelligent decisions in scouting and drafting. I do not trust Bagwell/Crane to stay the course. Crane's corporate money is going to dry up as well when the Texans reclaim the #1 spot on the Houston sports mantle, because Hannah unfucked everything. It's been a complete 180 for Cal McNair in the court of public opinion in the last 2 years, while at the same time, Crane has gone from humble owner to #2 villian, though he will never catch Tilman.

Dana Brown is good at his job.  Possibly even very good.  He just doesn't have the power he should.  I am still holding out hope that it changes.  

The narrative around her that Brown sucks is completely silly.  Same with Click even though I was not as high on him overall.  

Some of y'all expect Brown to commit career suicide and say Crane is meddling.  Literally no GM would do that in the MLB.  It would be completely stupid. Dana know the other teams around the league know what's going on, so what's the point?

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Focht Up said:

Why do the Astros hate loperfido?

not eligible to be called back up yet

but probably because he struck out 39.5% of the time

Edited by WBT

Just now, Scraps said:

Missed strike call warranted cause Korey Lees dumbass is pulling pitches 18 inches higher than they really are like a dickweed

Maldy taught him better than that

So we have 18 hits in 16 innings this series...and 3 runs scored. That should be much harder to do than these guys make it appear.

Edit: Now 4 runs in 17 innings. I clearly spoke too soon! 

Edited by Gut Wagon
  • Rage+1 1

Hunter Brown update

Last 6 GS, 3-1, 37 IP, 25 H, 7 ER, 8 BBs, 41 Ks.

He had a streak of 16 consecutive scoreless innings broken tonight. If the radar guns are to be believed was routinely hitting 97-99 through the 1st 3 innings.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Jake Meyers fucking sucks. Laughing at wulow buying that hot month.

This team has no idea what a strike is.

Interesting day to stand on this one as he has 2 doubles but sure. He has more outs above average than any player in MLb and a 700 plus ops. Dfa candidate imo. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1