Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

I've got a 3 team division winner parley- Astros, Royals, Orioles- $10 to win $669. I've got an Astros win the World Series and Longhorns win the National Championship in football bet for $20.00 to win $5,040.00.  I fully expect to be cashing both tickets. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Watching Bregman now looks like “hot” Jose Abreu from last season. No power, tons of pop ups, slapping a few balls up the middle. 

Send Chaz down for a rehab assignment, he’s been trash. 

Cabbage at least has a decent swing. 

The fuck did they do in the offseason. 

image.gif.b335df7ae1081c7d1d43417ed5a8e0f9.gif

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Watching Bregman now looks like “hot” Jose Abreu from last season. No power, tons of pop ups, slapping a few balls up the middle. 

Send Chaz down for a rehab assignment, he’s been trash. 

Cabbage at least has a decent swing. 

The fuck did they do in the offseason. 

image.gif.b335df7ae1081c7d1d43417ed5a8e0f9.gif

This coaching staff is easily one of the worst in the majors.

I'm not aware of specifics, but I think I heard the the prospects Washington got for Soto from San Diego are performing admirably and they are going to make a difference to that team. 

Kyle Tucker could pull some very healthy prospects. Its an unknown, but that is always the case in baseball. He’s my favorite player in all MLB, but there is zero doubt we are going to sign him after next year. My sources say San Fran is going to toss an ungodly number at him. They had a lot of money thrown at Correa. That fell apart. That money is being held in escrow for Tuck’s free agency next year. Some GM’s are patient. 

Lets Rip the band aid off and let the young man become the five tool producer he’s going to be for many years. 

Lets go hard on prospects. If we don't like the offers, we keep a player most likely get a 30/30 player in his last year as a Stroh. 

And even though pitching is in the dumps, and that’s all Dana cares about, I want field guys. Like 3rd baseman, first baseman. Big bats. Huge balls. 

I will shed a tear for the one that got away. But there is zero doubt he's gone. In a month, or after next year

Feel free break my fallacy. I'd like to know there is another way. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Graveman update ?

I take him at his word that he is shutting it down in July.

I'm kidding, but it's true that Lance dreams of making it all the way to July before his season-ending injury

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, runthebone said:

I'm kidding, but it's true that Lance dreams of making it all the way to July before his season-ending injury

2025 run !!!!!

8 hours ago, runthebone said:

And Whitley. But he’s on a rehab assignment. Which is funny to me because he’s in AAA so who gives a fuck if he comes back and gets rocked in AAA or A ball. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Sole possession of 2nd doesn't really feel different than 3rd.  Onward I guess.

We have a chance to get to 4 under tonight for the first time since we were 4-8.

Edited by WBT

15 minutes ago, Scraps said:

But TK will remind us 13 times on the telecast that we haven't been able to break the 5 under mark numerous times!

It is annoying.  We won on April 8 to go to 4-7.  We then lost the next two to go to 5 under.  Starting with the next day on April 11, we've gone 0-8 with a chance to get back to 4 under.

No pressure Bloss

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

So what's the over/under on Bloss' ERA tonight?  12? 135?  The Orioles just annihilated Luis Gil last night and knocked him out of the game in the 2nd. The Orioles are 1st in runs scored this season, and also 1st in runs allowed. Gonna be a tough series to win. 

Tomorrow night looks very interesting, Blanco vs Burnes. Should be a great pitching duel. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

So what's the over/under on Bloss' ERA tonight?  12? 135?  The Orioles just annihilated Luis Gil last night and knocked him out of the game in the 2nd. The Orioles are 1st in runs scored this season, and also 1st in runs allowed. Gonna be a tough series to win. 

Maybe it’s our turn to be on the other end of having a rookie making his debut that everyone agrees will get annihilated actually gives you a quality start 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Counterpoint:

we just rallied to take two games and avoid giving the White Sox their first series win since mid-May!

and:

The Astros lead the AL in batting average (.258) while also striking out the fewest times in baseball (491)...they also rank fourth in the AL in SLG (.415), OBP (.317) and OPS (.733)...in home games, the Astros have the best SLG (.457) and OPS (.790) in the AL.

5 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Counterpoint:

we just rallied to take two games and avoid giving the White Sox their first series win since mid-May!

and:

The Astros lead the AL in batting average (.258) while also striking out the fewest times in baseball (491)...they also rank fourth in the AL in SLG (.415), OBP (.317) and OPS (.733)...in home games, the Astros have the best SLG (.457) and OPS (.790) in the AL.

Those numbers are all including Abreu's 113 ABs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

57 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

They also have won/split 22 straight divisional series … a ML record going back to 1969.  Pretty good in the AL East.

Until yesterday, they shared the previous record of 21 with Cincinnati (1969-1970, 1975) and Atlanta (1998-2000).

Holy shit.

That needs more attention. 

that’s incredible 

1 hour ago, UTexasFight said:

in home games, the Astros have the best SLG (.457) and OPS (.790) in the AL.

I was told by Jose Abreu via Chandler Rome that our batter eye was all fucked up and we couldn't hit at home (but the visitors were somehow good to go).  It really makes you think.