Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

2 minutes ago, Overlord said:

So for some reason I’ve watched this entire game in Spanish. 

Do the Orioles still have that haven’t lost a series in forever record, or is that just at home?

I did what normal people do. 

I googled it. They broke it at 106. 

Chas has stunk this year. He’s also been in and out of the lineup with a hamsting and dumbass-itis (Espada). 
Diaz/loperfido or Dubon/altuve/Pena Bregman/Alvarez/chas/Meyers/tucker is just fine as a lineup/ with Caratini as a part time guy catching 2 times a week. 
If your bottom 3 are Dubon or Loperfido, Pena and Meyers with that top 6 you are probably just fine if you can pitch at all. 
the Singleton experience needs to die. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Astros without Abreu on the 26 man.

21-12, a 103 win pace.

Got to hand it to the Astros organization, wasting almost half the season of shitty baseball on a washed player.

8-3 in the 11 series without Abreu.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Rage+1 2

6 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Astros without Abreu on the 26 man.

21-12, a 103 win pace.

Got to hand it to the Astros organization, wasting almost half the season of shitty baseball on a washed player.

8-3 in the 11 series without Abreu.

Don’t get me wrong it pisses me off that it took this long but there are plenty of organizations that would have never changed course.

Well yeah, but from that perspective, Abreu is a prime candidate for the USW Olympics hoops squad.

The Astros organization took way the fuck longer than a winning organization in major sports should have.

• Hook 'Em 1

They never should have brought him back from his minor league assignment. It was absolutely clear that he was washed but Baggy tried to save face by saying his swing was fixed. Hopefully he’s been kicked out of the inner circle.