Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, UTexasFight said:

I hear ya but the problem is at some point, in order to actually get to the playoffs, we have to actually have to field the Houston Astros and not the Sugarland Space Cowboys. 
Infield of Bregman, Pena, Kessinger, dubon/singleton

and OF of Loperfido, Meyers, Cabbage is not going get it done no matter how shitty the M’s offense is

and yes, I know Altuve being out for any extended period of time would force the hand of making meaningful moves but that’s just that much more you’re depleting your system for the future  

I'm not sure Altuve being out would force anything when we have Dubon.

Posted (edited)

First off, he caught it.

Second, it couldn't be a dp if he didn't because as soon as Singleton caught it with his foot on the bag, the batter/runner would be out and the runner has the option to return to 1st base.

Edit - Nm, I thought the batter/runner never made it to 1st.  Still wouldn't matter because he passed the runner.

Edited by WBT

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Dusty would have definitely had them nail someone.

Our pitchers shouldn't even need the manager to make that decision. Go fucking protect your team and the opposing team knew it was coming.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 2