Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

44 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

I offer him 2/40 right now. Would even go 3/60

Nah.  No more deals longer than 2 years for dudes over 35.  I would give JV $35M/2yrs with some add’l incentives and a vesting 3rd year with 120 ip or 3 playoff starts.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Mez2 said:

Nevermind lol

I was going to check you but figured it wasn't needed.

Dubon slides his back foot every time. How have they not fixed that little league shit by now?

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

I was going to check you but figured it wasn't needed.

Dubon slides his back foot every time. How have they not fixed that little league shit by now?

The swings mechanics of it is not a big deal, it's called a scissor kick. Altuve does it too, as does Yordon. part of the deceleration of a swing, allows for better direction and catapulting the swing. Problem is Dubon is not Altuve, or Yardon

3 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

The swings mechanics of it is not a big deal, it's called a scissor kick. Altuve does it too, as does Yordon. part of the deceleration of a swing, allows for better direction and catapulting the swing. Problem is Dubon is not Altuve, or Yardon

They have a small scissor kick. His foot is a foot or two back and happening as he is starting his swing. It ain't right.

2 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

Hindsight, yada yada yada, but maybe Altuve should have dropped a bunt there. 

I don't understand why he didn't. He is actually one of the few guys on the team with some experience getting bunts down (when he randomly tries to bunt for hits). 

We have to be one of the worst teams in the league at small balling a run in when we get a guy on 2nd with no outs.