Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

Fuck bochy
one AB for our guy 
Prob all he needs. I think he is still fucked up with his hip shit cause over the weekend his swings didnt really look right. Didn't seem like full Yordan.

I don't even think he was there yesterday because he wasn't in the team picture(unless i missed him).

53 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Prob all he needs. I think he is still fucked up with his hip shit cause over the weekend his swings didnt really look right. Didn't seem like full Yordan.

I don't even think he was there yesterday because he wasn't in the team picture(unless i missed him).

I get it. But he’s already there and in the game.

one more AB isn’t gonna hurt anything.

mostly just annoyed as I already have my son asking me where Altuve is at and with whatever the fuck is going on with Tucker we get 1 plate appearance from a team in the LCS 7 straight years.

Astros have a total of 5 plate appearances (and zero appearances on the mound) in the last 4 All Star games (since Covid/sign stealing scandal). That’s ridiculous for a team as good as ours.

I get guys needs the break and probably better for the long-term success of the team, but still annoyed/disappointed for the young Astro fans out there.

(especially since my formative years as a young Astro fan many years ago was during the barren wasteland in the late 80s/early 90s that saw a total of 3 Astro position players make the team over the course of 7 years between ‘87 and ‘93 (Davis in ‘89; Biggio in ‘91 and ‘92).
Now that we actually have some talent, would be nice to see it on this platform.

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

36 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I get it. But he’s already there and in the game.

one more AB isn’t gonna hurt anything.

mostly just annoyed as I already have my son asking me where Altuve is at and with whatever the fuck is going on with Tucker we get 1 plate appearance from a team in the LCS 7 straight years.

Astros have a total of 5 plate appearances (and zero appearances on the mound) in the last 4 All Star games (since Covid/sign stealing scandal). That’s ridiculous for a team as good as ours.

I get guys needs the break and probably better for the long-term success of the team, but still annoyed/disappointed for the young Astro fans out there.

(especially since my formative years as a young Astro fan many years ago was during the barren wasteland in the late 80s/early 90s that saw a total of 3 Astro position players make the team over the course of 7 years between ‘87 and ‘93 (Davis in ‘89; Biggio in ‘91 and ‘92).
Now that we actually have some talent, would be nice to see it on this platform.

Agree, it sucks.

Altuve may never show up again

I can’t remember caring / watching one all star game when I was kid. Did love seeing those rainbow jerseys in the team photos 

hopefully we heal up some this week and come out pissed off in Seattle 

the big dipper underdog GIF

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Should we create a catcher coacher position. Maldy was just DFA 

19 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Genuine question: if nobody picks up Machete, can we invent some sort of coaching position to get him in the dugout/working with the team?  Or is there a limit to that kind of thing?

See above 

28 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Genuine question: if nobody picks up Machete, can we invent some sort of coaching position to get him in the dugout/working with the team?  Or is there a limit to that kind of thing?

yes 

IMG_2045.thumb.jpeg.0264dc1df2f0ef354d734cc94537aab7.jpegIMG_2046.thumb.jpeg.17d5e64efefec4662e152a74ea366389.jpegIMG_2047.thumb.jpeg.977d938f295c716abf425c5165094955.jpegIMG_2048.thumb.jpeg.35853713d68d68bd66a64518ee5ad098.jpegIMG_2050.thumb.jpeg.4a0b0585cb93cd3c0aa46e103d2f3c0a.jpegIMG_2051.thumb.jpeg.7275706f0adfc3722557b5193454ad0b.jpeg

About a month and a half into my first year at UT, my mom called me, said she was changing my bedroom into a guest bedroom, and if there was anything in my room I wanted to keep, I’d best come home that weekend to claim it.  Sooo, I was able to get some clothes, my electric football game, and my baseball cards.  Since we’re at the All Star break, I thought this might be a good time to share some of those cards from Houston’s MLB franchise.  

IMG_2049.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

30 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Finishing the first half at home vs Texas and then going to Seattle immediately after the All-Star break.  Feels familiar.

End their seasons early !

Edited by tx 3 putt

13 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Is it normal to play 28 games in the month of May? 17 games with no break in the middle of the month. That's gotta kill your rotation. 

mlb is doing anything possible to derail this train !

hopefully we can goto 6 man rotation. going to be lot of relievers shuffling back and forth to sugar land 

IMG_1142.jpeg

• Like 1