Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

Good luck topping this.  3 Yordan bombs and Correa hit the longest HR in Camden Yard history. Went with my son serving at Ft Meade at the time.  JShep was also there.

We sat in front row in LCF and La Pina hita a line drive that was a rocket, but hit the wall about a foot down...

'twas a very fun night.  Astros finished against multiple position players.

https://www.mlb.com/news/yordan-alvarez-three-homer-game

Edited by Iceman
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Good luck topping this.  3 Yordan bombs and Correa hit the longest HR in Camden Yard history. Went with my son serving at Ft Meade at the time.  JShep was also there.
We sat in front row in LCF and La Pina hita a line drive that was a rocket, but hit the wall about a foot down...
'twas a very fun night.  Astros finished against multiple position players.
https://www.mlb.com/news/yordan-alvarez-three-homer-game

Last August 8 would like to have a word….

3136305bededd573dfc3ef1b2d9cac3f.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 7/16/2024 at 7:21 PM, Scraps said:

Yeah i know...i meant in this pointless game though.

I will be there the last game of that series

He will probably pitch first game

No skenes in their series against Philly. I thought maybe they’d treat the ASG as his bullpen day and he’d open up the 2nd half tomorrow. Instead he’s not pitching at all this weekend.

If he opens their series against St Louis on Monday we won’t see him in Houston. If he goes game 2, he’d be in line to pitch…the first game…in Houston .

• Rage+1 1

54 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Woof. We need Tucker back and another bat. 

You mean team MVP Jake Meyers can't carry the load offensively himself? I am shocked, shocked at your lack of confidence in the team MVP. I mean he's slashing a robust .194/.261/.357 during the current 25-13 run back to contention so I can't imagine the need for another bat.

Edited by HtownHorn

22 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

You mean team MVP Jake Meyers can't carry the load offensively himself? I am shocked, shocked at your lack of confidence in the team MVP. I mean he's slashing a robust .194/.261/.357 during the current 25-13 run back to contention so I can't imagine the need for another bat.

Dammit.

i had hoped the meyers shit was going to be left in the first half on this thread 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

hes better than Chas !!!

not trading peak Chas was epic fail 

2 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Dammit.

i had hoped the meyers shit was going to be left in the first half on this thread 

That hope wasn’t realistic. You know that neither Wulaw or Htown ever let their opinions fade away. They tend to beat their horse until it’s dog food. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

That hope wasn’t realistic. You know that neither Wulaw or Htown ever let their opinions fade away. They tend to beat their horse until it’s dog food. 

they might need to settle this in a cage match