Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

28 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Has a team ever had an undefeated August and September ?

I’m looking but not sure I’m seeing a loss

series on the road at Boston, Baltimore and Cleveland may be tough but let’s channel 2023 road Astros 

• Hook 'Em 1

Ronel Blanco and Hunter Brown leading the Summer Surge.

A guy named "Tayler" getting signed for league minimum after being waived for the 5th time and being arguably the best 6th inning guy in MLB. .

Pressly loses the closer job and looks like a washed-up turd through Memorial Day. Comes back from the dead and becomes an untouchable 8th inning setup man.

Offense finally hits its stride after our MVP-contender who was raking goes down for 2 months.

Just like we all drew it up.

• Like 1

How do you shoot off lame ass fireworks from the fucking middle of the field ????

The fireworks show was pretty good all around. Although I was disappointed the Yordon playoff HR didn’t make the top 10 moments that went with it.
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

That might have been the 1st time all season, and hopefully not the last time, that Abreu, Pressly, and Hader went 9 up and 9 down.

Probably because Espada used Montero down 2-1 on Sunday!

My apologies, skip

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Too early in the season to be eating crow. Best part of this thread is we all see this game differently. Some see it ….

Drunk Acid Trip GIF by Meow Wolf

Focus boys, we need the framchise tonight and runs to support him

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

Maybe already posted, but didn't see it.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1778734/seattle-mariners-dont-look-houston-astros-used-to/

“Our guys will come out of the break, and I’m confident, they don’t look at the Astros the way they looked at the Astros five years ago,” Dipoto said. “And that is not a slam on the Astros. I think it’s a level of confidence having played them in a postseason, having played really hard, grinding baseball games and pennant races versus the Astros over these last three or four seasons.”

That being said, the Mariners and Astros have been going in different directions the last month.

“The Astros have been sizzling,” Dipoto said. “They’re one of those teams, you look back to June, and felt like we had created separation from them. And you’re never comfortable when that team and those players are right there in the rear-view. And we didn’t put the gas down, we let them get closer, and now they’re coming into our house. … Our guys have grown in a lot of ways and I do think we’ll show up. I can’t tell you that we’re ready to go out and stun them and knock them out the way we did the last time they were in Seattle. We’re just not playing that well. But I do believe our guys will come out confident, and the Astros mystique is no longer quite what it was four or five years ago for our players.”

Mighty long way to go, obviously, but dominating them last night couldn't have helped their alleged confidence...or hurt ours. Keep it going.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1