Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

He asked for a new ball. He has to ask for a new ball before the clock hits 8 seconds.
he did not .
I think the issue the astros have is the rule states the pitcher can ask for a new ball with 8 secs left....but can be penalized if it is done repeatedly

It doesn't say its a violation automatically. Deny him, and as long as Hader starts wind up before 0 then no issue.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Still embarassing the AL central has 3 teams with a better record than the AL west leader (to go along with 3 in AL East). But we’re up to #4 in run differential in the AL!

it’s mid July, we’re good 

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Still embarassing the AL central has 3 teams with a better record than the AL west leader (to go along with 3 in AL East). But we’re up to #4 in run differential in the AL!

Maybe when we are 116-46 you will look back at your post and feel bad.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

🤔🤔🤔🤔

wRC+
1) Brent Rooker: 165
2) Vladimir Guerrero Jr.: 134
3) Luis Robert Jr.: 119

fWAR
1) Brent Rooker: 2.9
2) Vladimir Guerrero Jr.: 1.5
3) Luis Robert Jr.: 1.2

Years of control
1) Brent Rooker: 3.3
2) Luis Robert Jr.: 3.3
3) Vladimir Guerrero Jr.: 1.3

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

🤔🤔🤔🤔

wRC+
1) Brent Rooker: 165
2) Vladimir Guerrero Jr.: 134
3) Luis Robert Jr.: 119

fWAR
1) Brent Rooker: 2.9
2) Vladimir Guerrero Jr.: 1.5
3) Luis Robert Jr.: 1.2

Years of control
1) Brent Rooker: 3.3
2) Luis Robert Jr.: 3.3
3) Vladimir Guerrero Jr.: 1.3

Loperfido/melton/blubaugh/whitley/Leon for Rooker 

Chas/Montero/Mathews for Vlad Jr. 

Areighetti/Ullolo/Baez/Gordon for Crochet

astros new roster:

crochet/brown/framber/blanco/bloss (JV)

Diaz/vlad/altuve/Pena/Bregman/Rooker/meyers/cabbage/ Alvarez (Tucker)

Hader/presley/abreu/scott/martinez/king/Dubin

Dezenzo to replace Bregman next year- roll it back out for 2025 a little worse. Not a single joke on the big club. Not a single shred of high end prospects in the farm. Better hope Dana can develop. My gosh that lineup would be sexy, the bullpen really good at the top end and 3 guys you can squint and think of as an ace. 

29 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Loperfido/melton/blubaugh/whitley/Leon for Rooker 

Chas/Montero/Mathews for Vlad Jr. 

Areighetti/Ullolo/Baez/Gordon for Crochet

astros new roster:

crochet/brown/framber/blanco/bloss (JV)

Diaz/vlad/altuve/Pena/Bregman/Rooker/meyers/cabbage/ Alvarez (Tucker)

Hader/presley/abreu/scott/martinez/king/Dubin

Dezenzo to replace Bregman next year- roll it back out for 2025 a little worse. Not a single joke on the big club. Not a single shred of high end prospects in the farm. Better hope Dana can develop. My gosh that lineup would be sexy, the bullpen really good at the top end and 3 guys you can squint and think of as an ace. 

Vladito trade only one worth doing 

I’m still in the Alonso trade corner. 

38 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Vladito trade only one worth doing 

I’m still in the Alonso trade corner. 

Rooker would be a middle of the order bat for 4 playoff runs - that’s worth doing, imo. Any one of the 3 would be good. 

Been doing birthday and wedding shit all weekend and haven’t been able to watch first two games. Ready for this sweep today! Watching highlights it looks like I’ve missed some good ones. Loperfido has already made a handful of catches that Yordan or probably even Chas has no chance of making. If that guy figures it out at the plate he’s an asset. Enjoy watching him. But he will probably have to figure it out somewhere else. Cant have 3 glove first outfielders. DFA saved the outfield group at the plate last night with a big hit. OF batting 7 8 9 is suboptimal. Need a LF that can hit some too assuming Tucker grows a new leg and eventually comes back.

• Hook 'Em 2

52 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Been doing birthday and wedding shit all weekend and haven’t been able to watch first two games. Ready for this sweep today! Watching highlights it looks like I’ve missed some good ones. Loperfido has already made a handful of catches that Yordan or probably even Chas has no chance of making. If that guy figures it out at the plate he’s an asset. Enjoy watching him. But he will probably have to figure it out somewhere else. Cant have 3 glove first outfielders. DFA saved the outfield group at the plate last night with a big hit. OF batting 7 8 9 is suboptimal. Need a LF that can hit some too assuming Tucker grows a new leg and eventually comes back.

Can’t watch today either. We will catch you in Oakland tomorrow night 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Assume Tucker is getting a Pistorious style blade below the knee that he used to win the real Olympics.  As long as the crack Astros Medical Staff amputated the correct leg to prepare for that surgery he should be ok.  No word on if they got the right one. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Yes. Just posts junk. Put no stock into what he posts but I do like Paredes

they already have Siri under performing, no way they want Leon 

Edited by tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Assume Tucker is getting a Pistorious style blade below the knee that he used to win the real Olympics.  As long as the crack Astros Medical Staff amputated the correct leg to prepare for that surgery he should be ok.  No word on if they got the right one. 

Amazingly, with these guys, it's a less than 50-50 chance

• Hook 'Em 1