Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

We need 2 bats, a starter, and 2 relievers to be a serious WS contender. Since it now appears that McCullers and Garcia are not coming back at all this season, maybe a healthy and refreshed Verlander can have a cascading effect on the pitching staff.

I think Verlander, Brown, Framber, and Ronell is a good enough 4 in the playoffs. Arrighetti or Bloss can move into the bullpen, the other goes to AAA.

Bats should be 1B and CF.

• Hook 'Em 2

Dana on Sirius about SP at deadline

"Try go to big and see if there’s a deal that makes sense for the organization,” Brown said of his efforts to add a starter. “If that don’t work, we’ll go down to mid-level and hopefully we can land something there. But it doesn’t hurt to ask. When you go through this, ask and thou shall receive sometimes. We want to try to go big, and if we can’t get the big thing done, we’ll try to go mid-level so we can get through this.”

Skubal and Crochet continue to be the names thrown around out there as "big"

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

It's time to give Leon his shot as the everyday CF. 

I'm not sure how many more days I can watch an outfield of Cabbage/Meyers/Loperfido (insert Chas for any of them on a given day). They may be fine defensively, but way too much swing and miss with that group. 

Tucker needs to rub some dirt on it and get back on the field sooner rather than later. Or if Tucker's "bruise" is still hurting then give Leon a chance. 

I'm not sure how many more days I can watch an outfield of Cabbage/Meyers/Loperfido (insert Chas for any of them on a given day). They may be fine defensively, but way too much swing and miss with that group. 
Tucker needs to rub some dirt on it and get back on the field sooner rather than later. Or if Tucker's "bruise" is still hurting then give Leon a chance. 

Have you ever had a bruised pussy? It is serious yo
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, UTHornFan014 said:

The potential solution to your swing and miss blues is Pedro Leon? Our Pedro Leon?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think Diaz may be on that 8 day plan.

Either do something in next 8 days or gtfo and make a trade.

Seems like penny pinching(thanks Abreu) wishing and hoping that he shows signs of life

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

14 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I think Diaz may be on that 8 day plan.

Either do something in next 8 days or gtfo and make a trade.

Seems like penny pinching(thanks Abreu) wishing and hoping that he shows signs of life

If they aren’t going to, or are not able to, do a complete upgrade at first, I would look at a potentially cheap platoon upgrade like Mark Canha. He hits .288 with OPS over .800 against left handers. If they are content with Singleton against RH.