Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

Godspeed to [mention=1288]tx 3 putt[/mention] and [mention=228]Scraps[/mention] today. 
Just landed. Had a buddy joining and his flight had mechanical issues and was gonna be delayed 4-5 hours so hes not making it

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/07/tigers-trade-rumors-mark-canha.html

Canha kills left handed pitching. Could platoon at first and/or kick Chas to the freaking curb in an OF platoon. Won’t cost a lot. Hope Dana is kicking the tires. 

Otherwise I hope we are listening to offers on Bregman and combine whatever prospects he can bring back with our own to make a deal on Paredes. Get younger, cheaper and cover a corner spot for next couple years and keep this train somewhat on the tracks. We could be 12 games under .500 with or without Bregman at the end of August if we don’t get significant help. Tucker, Altuve, Yordan, Diaz, Pena, Paredes is a good 2/3 of an order for next year or longer if we can sign Tucker.  Pitching gets healthy and find another outfielder and we are still team to beat in West for a couple more years. I know it’s kind of radical but I just hate to see another piece walk away for nothing unless we win it all. I just don’t see us getting the help in the next week. 

8 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/07/tigers-trade-rumors-mark-canha.html

Canha kills left handed pitching. Could platoon at first and/or kick Chas to the freaking curb in an OF platoon. Won’t cost a lot. Hope Dana is kicking the tires. 

Otherwise I hope we are listening to offers on Bregman and combine whatever prospects he can bring back with our own to make a deal on Paredes. Get younger, cheaper and cover a corner spot for next couple years and keep this train somewhat on the tracks. We could be 12 games under .500 with or without Bregman at the end of August if we don’t get significant help. Tucker, Altuve, Yordan, Diaz, Pena, Paredes is a good 2/3 of an order for next year or longer if we can sign Tucker.  Pitching gets healthy and find another outfielder and we are still team to beat in West for a couple more years. I know it’s kind of radical but I just hate to see another piece walk away for nothing unless we win it all. I just don’t see us getting the help in the next week. 

Serious question: why do you think we have a chance at signing Kyle Tucker?

13 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Serious question: why do you think we have a chance at signing Kyle Tucker?

I don’t know that we do or don’t. None of us do. But I’d go all in this winter to try. If not then trade him too. But we have to stop letting everyone leave for nothing. Better to trade them a year too soon than too late. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Mitch Hedberg said:

I don’t know that we do or don’t. None of us do. But I’d go all in this winter to try. If not then trade him too. But we have to stop letting everyone leave for nothing. Better to trade them a year too soon than too late. 

Do you think he'd sign a six year deal?

• Rage+1 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

I think it depends on the AAV and what he’s offered. I think there is beginning to be some blowback for teams with these long contracts and may not be as many willing to go there. But that’s a 300 million dollar question.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

7 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

I think it depends on the AAV and what he’s offered. I think there is beginning to be some blowback for teams with these long contracts and may not be as many willing to go there. But that’s a 300 million dollar question.

No he won't sign a 6 year deal. 

Astros should offer him 10/300 and if he doesn't want that figure he's never coming back and plan accordingly.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Do you have any reason to think they will?

Not particularly. If they were ever going to do it it would make sense that it would be for him.  I don't think they are ever going to do it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

15 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Nice Chas! Trade value!

Its' possible Chas hasn't lost the ability to play baseball over the last offseason at 28 or 29 years old and this is just a prolonged slump and a lousy 150 AB's.  If I was the Rays or someone like that I'd definitely be interested in him.  

• Hook 'Em 2

In the 202 ABs outside of his extreme lucky month of May, the GG winning team MVP is now at .193/.251/.366/.617 with 54 Ks. His OPS now stands at .709, remember just a few days ago WBT was championing his .750 OPS.

This is who the GG team MVP has always been, a shitty player.

YOU DON'T JUST WALK INTO OAKLAND ALMAEDA COUNTY COLISEUM RICKEY HENDERSON FIELD AND THINK YOU ARE GONNA SIT WHEREVER YOU WANT IN THE 7TH INNING

these dumb dumbs regulating tickets on people lol. (Not us we are in our seats)

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, YChang said:

Miss going to games there. Dump of a stadium, but some of the best selection of craft beers available. 

Will be worth it to get to go to an Astros game during a Vegas trip.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Scraps said:

YOU DON'T JUST WALK INTO OAKLAND ALMAEDA COUNTY COLISEUM RICKEY HENDERSON FIELD AND THINK YOU ARE GONNA SIT WHEREVER YOU WANT IN THE 7TH INNING

these dumb dumbs regulating tickets on people lol. (Not us we are in our seats)

top of 9th, they were checking tickets on people moving down 

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

Will be worth it to get to go to an Astros game during a Vegas trip.

Surly Vegas Meet Up !!!!

hd dating GIF

7 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Great great day, just like going to a Home game but a little longer Uber 

Did you commit a smash-and-grab and poop in the streets while you were in Oakland?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Go on.

2 years, 80 games

2.79 ERA  0.972 Whip  10SO/9

for a team desperate for arms he’s at least a cheap arm that may help. He may suck coming back but we are in the bargain hunting mode. If we are judging based off a HR to Pena we can go ahead and cut Pressley, Abreu and Hader too.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, dr99 said:

Did you commit a smash-and-grab and poop in the streets while you were in Oakland?

planned ahead, wore my $150 swatch just in case 

area around the stadium Is complete shit. The bay area is amazing 

• Hook 'Em 1