Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

I’ve prepared myself to be let down at whatever we do or don’t do.
Not sure why. Crane has shown time and again he will sign off and make moves

Yeah Abreu shit didn't work out as a FA signing, but he still made the move. As far as trades....they have gotten JV twice at the deadline, BP help almost every year, Greinke.

Crane will sign off on shit.

(Don't give me this pussy ass battered Houston fan syndrome bullshit. You have had almost 10 badass seasons of Astros baseball with an owner who will do transactions)

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

everyone in mlb and the fanbase cheered the Abreu signing. I wanted yuli back On a cheap deal and even thought abreu was an upgrade. No one can blame crane for making that move. 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, Scraps said:

trade between them two without Vlady so maybe that is a good sign he ain't going there lol

You’d think a vlady deal would be huge, loaded with prospects 

not sure why they’re trade him 

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

Yeah Abreu shit didn't work out as a FA signing, but he still made the move. As far as trades....they have gotten JV twice at the deadline, BP help almost every year, Greinke.

(Don't give me this pussy ass battered Houston fan syndrome bullshit. You have had almost 10 badass seasons of Astros baseball with an owner who will do transactions)

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I’ve prepared myself to be let down at whatever we do or don’t do.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I seriously don’t understand how he’s not progressing. Did he tear a ligament? Break a bone? Doesn’t make any sense. I’m sure someone would take him right now even with the injury. 

Bone bruises can take a really long time to heal.  In his case, it might have been better if he had broken his leg instead.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

It's such complete and utter nonsense.  They haven't been remotely close to anything approaching accuracy with any injury in like a decade.  

Now we get "hope Tucker is back by September".  Remember when Garcia was going to be back by June and JV and Tucker might not be put on IL b/c they might not need that entire time?  Yeah that was 2 months ago.  Ughhhhhh.

28 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Because they suck this year- he's only got 2 playoff runs left in him before he's gone, and they are likely to enter next year picked to finish 5th in the division.  He's worth more to a dozen teams right now than he is to them. It would be dumb not to trade him, unless you think you could extend him (they won't). 

32 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Same reason we should trade a healthy Tucker if we were going to be out of the playoff picture 

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

That was when the Astros were under the tax, granted the 2nd level doesn't really hurt from the standpoint of long term building, so maybe he's ok going into the 2nd level of the LT. The Astros can always mitigate any salary with Montero going out in the deal, but that would also take a higher tier of prospect, considering Montero has another year on his contract.

14 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I don't think he's being a pussy.  It's a shitty injury to have.

He's basically played like 95 or 98% of the games for his career before this injury.  I assume he's neither a pussy nor made of glass and that this injury is a big deal.  I'm irritated more with the lack of meaningful communication from the Astros medical staff than I am Tucker not being in the lineup. 

1 minute ago, runthebone said:

Tampa is having a clearance sale, it looks like

I just texted with Andrew how much I love Tampa. They are reasonable. They do the right thing.  They move guys without turning it into a circus and screwing over buyers b/c they dither around and won't ever make a decision (looking at you Cubs and White Sox), they have their own mind about the value of prospects and are usually right.  Just a well run organization that does everything right, considering all their constraints. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

I don't think he's being a pussy.  It's a shitty injury to have.

Yup.  This is prime time for him to show out and build up the price in FA.  He’s losing future money with this injury keeping him off the field. No way he is slow rolling this.    

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I just texted with Andrew how much I love Tampa. They are reasonable. They do the right thing.  They move guys without turning it into a circus and screwing over buyers b/c they dither around and won't ever make a decision (looking at you Cubs and White Sox), they have their own mind about the value of prospects and are usually right.  Just a well run organization that does everything right, considering all their constraints. 

Being ‘reasonable’ doesn’t hang flags or lift up trophies. 

5 minutes ago, Scraps said:

No he isnt

this, he’s hurt and can’t play. If e could, he’d be out there tonight 

We have him for one more year to make a run at a title 

I think we make him a very offer but we’ll see who wants to over pay for him 

Edited by tx 3 putt