Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

Huge series win with the Mariners matching up with the White Sox. Plenty of Dodger fans leaving MMP sad tonight. Blanco's last 3 or 4 starts are showing his regression likely due to his innings limit. Need a starter, a reliever, and bat.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Blanco's last 3 or 4 starts are showing his regression likely due to his innings limit. Need a starter, a reliever, and bat.

Was just thinking this.

i think it’s starter, bat, reliever, in that order (assuming Tucker plays again this year).

i just keep thinking clock is about to strike midnight with that 5-9 we trot out there every night which means bat is most pressing need to win the division but SP is most important once you get to October 

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Lies. They would display the 2017 they don't give a shit.

Normally they had them in Union Station big room where the store was located. Since they opening the CF store I don't think they use the Union Station big room as a store anymore, so I am no longer positive where to see them at.
Found the trophies. They're by an exit. Can't re-enter. This is as close as I could get from the Union Station team store. Screenshot_20240727_212916_Gallery.thumb.jpg.96d0dcff2301c58b2e418aa433efa92f.jpg

No pictures of the Breggy Bomb. I was too busy watching.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Was just thinking this.

i think it’s starter, bat, reliever, in that order (assuming Tucker plays again this year).

i just keep thinking clock is about to strike midnight with that 5-9 we trot out there every night which means bat is most pressing need to win the division but SP is most important once you get to October 

I don’t know that we need a reliever. Forest Whitley is ready to shine. Also- if we get JV back then arrighetti goes to the bullpen and that stuff will play up down there. 
Starter, 1B, LF, RP in that order imo. Dubon needs to go back to playing 2 or 3 times a week and singleton needs to be a PH. 
Flaherty, Rooker, Paredes would be a really sexy haul. 
we’ve won 6 Framber starts in a row. Brown has been the best pitcher in the AL since about May 15, Flaherty would be really good and JV as a 4th starter in the playoffs is pretty sexy. 
the lineup would be the best in baseball and you’d have LF and 3B fixed for the next 3 years at all star caliber levels. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, WBT said:

M's won but O's lost.  6 back of the 2 seed.

4 at Baltimore at end of August will be big

3 at Cleveland to end the season might be bigger 

while on schedule talk, probably bloss vs skenes on Monday won’t go our way, but then Brown and Valdez to take us to the trade deadline.

then some scheduling good fortune has us see the Rays 6 times in our first 12 in August immediately after their sell off 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I don’t know that we need a reliever. Forest Whitley is ready to shine. Also- if we get JV back then arrighetti goes to the bullpen and that stuff will play up down there. 
Starter, 1B, LF, RP in that order imo. Dubon needs to go back to playing 2 or 3 times a week and singleton needs to be a PH. 
Flaherty, Rooker, Paredes would be a really sexy haul. 
we’ve won 6 Framber starts in a row. Brown has been the best pitcher in the AL since about May 15, Flaherty would be really good and JV as a 4th starter in the playoffs is pretty sexy. 
the lineup would be the best in baseball and you’d have LF and 3B fixed for the next 3 years at all star caliber levels. 

we need to roll out combo reliever starts when in Houston to save innings on our guys 

sugarland is right there, let’s use that to our advantage 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

we need to roll out combo reliever starts when in Houston to save innings on our guys 

sugarland is right there, let’s use that to our advantage 

CWS in mid August is prime for that. Starts off a stretch of 18 in a row 

• Hook 'Em 1

Blake snell. Giants are waiving the white flag. He’s been awesome his last 5 starts. He makes so much money with that option next year (opting out if he doesn’t get hurt but straight fucked if he does) that the risk is on the team side and it’s likely to be a very light prospect haul. 

43 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Huge series win with the Mariners matching up with the White Sox. Plenty of Dodger fans leaving MMP sad tonight. Blanco's last 3 or 4 starts are showing his regression likely due to his innings limit. Need a starter, a reliever, and bat.

Tucker ever coming back?

7 minutes ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

The whole Tucker injury is weird to me with his pending FA after next year.  Is this a Boras thing or did he really break his leg on a foul tip and everyone is just shutting their mouth?

It's been repeated so often.  But bone bruises can take longer to heal than a fracture in some instances.  Bone bruise is a perfectly acceptable reason to be out this long.  They take forever to heal, especially when you get hit in the same spot twice in such close time.

Edited by uoftorange
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

The whole Tucker injury is weird to me with his pending FA after next year.  Is this a Boras thing or did he really break his leg on a foul tip and everyone is just shutting their mouth?

It’s a bone bruise. 
The bad ones fucking suck.

and appears he got a bad one.

whether they knew it immediately and kept it under wraps hoping for the best or were just inept is fair game for criticism but either way it sucks and is what it is.

I dont get the boras angle/argument. What am I missing? What benefit does he get for missing another month? It’s not like the Correa back /physical fiasco.

I was worried something like this was coming when I googled bone bruise after he was out for a couple of week and said they can take anywhere from a few days to 6 months. At this point I’m hoping to split the difference and we get him back by Labor Day.

Edited by UTexasFight