Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

Summary of the one day trip this past weds for the last, Astros v Oakland A’s. Went with @Scraps 

Absolutely sucks what manford did to that fan base, franchise, city. Pure bull fucking shit

everyone was friendly, nice looking field. The stadium of course is old and ran down. Some numbnuts would boo Altuve.

I’ll definitely make the trip to Sacramento now, one time kind of deal. I’ve never been to Vegas, zero desire but I’ll go for an Astros trip.

these Astro trip have easily turned into my favorite quick trips 

Edited by tx 3 putt

2 hours ago, runthebone said:

He's not the best color man in the league for nothing!

The funny thing is that he's (the color guy, not play x play guy) is a longtime friend of mine.  The same guy is on the Texans Spanish radio crew, and sadly, also OU's Spanish football crew.

Edited by Hairy Biped
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Summary of the one day trip this past weds for the last, Astros v Oakland A’s. Went with @Scraps 

Absolutely sucks what manford did to that fan base, franchise, city. Pure bull fucking shit

everyone was friendly, nice looking field. The stadium of course is old and ran down. Some numbnuts would boo Altuve.

I’ll definitely make the trip to Sacramento now, one time kind of deal. I’ve never been to Vegas, zero desire but I’ll go for an Astros trip.

these Astro trip have easily turned into my favorite quick trips 

What did Manfred do to Oakland?  Not familiar with their situation. 

10 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Let me get this straight. Joe Kelly wasn’t on the 2017 Dodgers. He was on the 2018 Red Sox team that fired their manager because of a sign stealing scheme that Kelly was aware of.

And yet, he’s become the face of the Cheater Astros campaign. I just don’t get it.

People boo Altuve who didn’t even use the scheme

Also see: people are dumb

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Let me get this straight. Joe Kelly wasn’t on the 2017 Dodgers. He was on the 2018 Red Sox team that fired their manager because of a sign stealing scheme that Kelly was aware of.

And yet, he’s become the face of the Cheater Astros campaign. I just don’t get it.

It's because Joe Kelly is a piece of shit cuntface bitch.

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Official no, probable yes. 

Right.

but the pirates keep fucking around with their rotation.

and have guys going on/coming off IL.. and clearly trying to get skenes more rest as evidenced by not starting him until the second series after the break.

No news from brown on Tucker on the GM show.

“doing more activities…”. Worthless.

Did say it’s a pain management issue now. Push it and if there’s no discomfort push it harder the next day.

but no timetable on possible return 

8 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

No news from brown on Tucker on the GM show.

“doing more activities…”. Worthless.

Did say it’s a pain management issue now. Push it and if there’s no discomfort push it harder the next day.

but no timetable on possible return 

They said hopefully before September the other day. Figure anytime before 9/1 to be a win, as much as nobody wants to hear that. 

• Rage+1 1