Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

We left 11 on base. Our only hit with RISP (in 9 tries) was that swinging "bunt" by Pena.  Cabbage left 4 in scoring position all by himself, which is impressive with only 2 ABs. But hey, I'm sure Kyle the Gimp will fix everything when he returns to PH on Sept. 29. 

Tonight showed why you can't carry Diaz on this roster. You needed to PH for Dubon in the 7th and didn't all you had was fucking A. Diaz, who hasn't played in two fucking weeks. Just totally inept roster management from Espada. He does nothing at a below average level as a baseball manager. It's amazing that everyone in baseball is laughing at the Astros continuing playing Meyers, Dubon, Singleton, McCormick, and Cabbage while carrying Diaz on the roster with the complete knowledge he's never going to play in the game. No other team in baseball would give everyday playing time, or in some cases any playing time to those 6 guys.

2 minutes ago, Overlord said:

We’re cursed after the Pikachu trade. 

The Loperfido curse. 

You are acting like Espada would play him, when he have plenty of evidence that Espada didn't and wouldn't.

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Tonight showed why you can't carry Diaz on this roster. You needed to PH for Dubon in the 7th and didn't all you had was fucking A. Diaz, who hasn't played in two fucking weeks. Just totally inept roster management from Espada. He does nothing at a below average level as a baseball manager. It's amazing that everyone in baseball is laughing at the Astros continuing playing Meyers, Dubon, Singleton, McCormick, and Cabbage while carrying Diaz on the roster with the complete knowledge he's never going to play in the game. No other team in baseball would give everyday playing time, or in some cases any playing time to those 6 guys.

We're about to be early teens bad again, aren't we?

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Who wants to tell him?

Tell me what, Alemdys Diaz being on the 26-man roster is 100% Espada's decision. He asked for him and got him. You think Dana Brown is thinking that a washed up Diaz is the missing piece considering they have no prior relationship at all.

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Tell me what, Alemdys Diaz being on the 26-man roster is 100% Espada's decision. He asked for him and got him. You think Dana Brown is thinking that a washed up Diaz is the missing piece considering they have no prior relationship at all.

Diaz being on this roster tells you all you need to know about this team. 

5 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Diaz being on this roster tells you all you need to know about this team. 

Yeah, it tells me we aren't serious about making the playoffs, but then again giving 11 ABs to Meyers, McCormick, Cabbage, and Singleton and watching them K in 7 of those ABs, many times with RISP also tells me that as well. Without the help of the Rangers, we would have scored just 1 run tonight. Shit, their closer melted down in the 10th and we could even make him pay.

Edited by HtownHorn

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Yeah, it tells me we aren't serious about making the playoffs, but then again giving 11 ABs to Meyers, McCormick, Cabbage, and Singleton and watching them K in 7 of those ABs, many times with RISP also tells me that as well. Without the help of the Rangers, we would have scored just 1 run tonight. Shit, their closer melted down in the 10th and we could even make him pay.

But bro, we had Caleb Ferguson.

• Haha 1