Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

22 minutes ago, Limp Brisket said:

Mariners lost 15-1 and we got this shit going.

we win

they lost

just keep winning baby

also lol @ mets now that they're not playing a division contender i can laugh at them

how the fuck did they attain a winning record

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Sv-Situation = good Hader.

7-1 road trip so far with 7 in a row. Without an idiot for manager we would be looking to sweep the road trip tomorrow.

man, i remember getting good Hader from my wife before we got married

If you're anyone in the organization, what's still telling you Pressly is the answer in the 8th? I know they still want him to be, but this has become a predictable pattern of fail. Give Ort a chance. We need to see if he can handle the job, so we don't have to throw him or another new guy in there cold in October. Pressly will cost us big if we keep trotting him out there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

If you're anyone in the organization, what's still telling you Pressly is the answer in the 8th? I know they still want him to be, but this has become a predictable pattern of fail. Give Ort a chance. We need to see if he can handle the job, so we don't have to throw him or another new guy in there cold in October. Pressly will cost us big if we keep trotting him out there. 

It can be Ort, Abreu, Hader.. Ort doesnt have to be the 8th inning guy. 

2 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

Honestly, we need to put Abreu, Presley and Hader all on the 15 day DL (separate times) and just deal with that before the playoffs. All have been over thrown by a fair bit and could use the time on the shelf. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

He’s had a really rough year and killed a ton of his prospect stock, right?  Here’s hoping he figured something out. 

He’s 24 and spent most of the year repeating AA-he didn’t have much stock to begin with.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

He’s 24 and spent most of the year repeating AA-he didn’t have much stock to begin with.  

Yeah I didnt phrase that quite right. 
I think there were some people hoping on him coming into this year and pegging him as a guy that they thought was going to break out into being a legit prospect by mastering AA ball and announcing himself and that didn’t happen, obviously. 
24 isn’t old for AA in general but it’s old for someone regarded as a legit prospect for sure.