Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

Rosario can play OF and give all 3 IF spots besides 1B a breather. Harold Ramirez plays OF and 1B and is also out there although he’s only a 73 OPS+ but has hit .316 against LHP this year. Chas is hitting .201 with a 61 OPS+ so how desperate are we? Or is it just me. Somebody in our outfield needs to start hitting. Leon appears to have all the holes in his swing we were told. 50% K! It’s been a beautiful last week but Bregman, Yordan and Yainer won’t stay this hot forever. We take a shot with every scrub pitcher may as well resurrect a hitter. 

Leon is gonna need most of a season to know if he can play in the majors.  What he's done after being called up was very predictable.  Rosario could help the team.  He has no pop whatsoever, but he can hit singles and doesn't strikeout much.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

I feel I’ve talked enough shit about our OF that at least 2 will get a hit and one will hit a HR. 

Well Pena isn’t an OF but I’ll take it.

it’s mid August, big bats are waking up, pitching is cruising and we’re getting jv back

stay / get healthy, stay in 1st and pray one of the of‘s wake up 

• Hook 'Em 1