Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

4 minutes ago, wood said:

Welp, I lost my DirecTV piggyback, when my neighbor's mom ended her sub. Went back to the pirate streams for a couple of days, but fuck that shit. Got MLB.TV & Surfshark. Seems like it works great, at least for on demand games. We'll see how it goes tonight. Seems like the most cost-effective route for me. /csb

I use Unlocator so check that if you have issues with surfshark.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

TheTVapp.to

Ive only used it on my phone when I need to. If your TV has a browser.

Thanks. I'll check that out, too. I can still cancel 'em both if'n I want to. ETA just tuned in to the Cubs game. Looks great. Is home vs away team broadcast choice random/varied? I'm partial to the SCHN broadcast, but it might be worth hearing the other teams' announcers to save the money. MLB does have on demand 90 minutes after the game ends though. Hmm ...

Edited by wood

21 minutes ago, wood said:

Welp, I lost my DirecTV piggyback, when my neighbor's mom ended her sub. Went back to the pirate streams for a couple of days, but fuck that shit. Got MLB.TV & Surfshark. Seems like it works great, at least for on demand games. We'll see how it goes tonight. Seems like the most cost-effective route for me. /csb

my MLBTV + Express VPN has been working great for me. It seems like the first month or so (maybe more, maybe less???) was completely unfunctional and I thought the ride was over forever but then outta nowhere it just started working like someone at MLBTV flipped a switch or something to allow my account to log in even when my VPN was connected. The only difference between this year and last is that it still won't work on my phone, but it works on my pc. On my phone i only get the radio feed option.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, wood said:

Thanks. I'll check that out, too. I can still cancel 'em both if'n I want to. ETA just tuned in to the Cubs game. Looks great. Is home vs away team broadcast choice random/varied? I'm partial to the SCHN broadcast, but it might be worth hearing the other teams' announcers to save the money. MLB does have on demand 90 minutes after the game ends though. Hmm ...

You should be presented with and option when you open the game what broadcast you want. (Default though is home TV).

I toggle over to Astros radio every time I can, although lately it’s been very glitchy (takes forever to load, or isn’t synced up with the video very well).

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

my MLBTV + Express VPN has been working great for me. It seems like the first month or so (maybe more, maybe less???) was completely unfunctional and I thought the ride was over forever but then outta nowhere it just started working like someone at MLBTV flipped a switch or something to allow my account to log in even when my VPN was connected. The only difference between this year and last is that it still won't work on my phone, but it works on my pc. On my phone i only get the radio feed option.

Last year For me, it would work great on computer but not on my TV, this year it is opposite. Works great on the TV, but on the computer it is touch and go.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I’ve had no issues (knock on wood) with unlocator this year. Usually the first week or two of the season it acts up but not this year (or last from what I can remember). (This is for watching on Roku/smart tv. I’ve never been able to get it to work on my phone)

only downside is that I have to revert to the default DNS settings on my router anytime I want to watch espn (all other apps-Netflix, Hulu, etc work fine).  I’ve gotten really quick at toggling between the two.

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

You should be presented with and option when you open the game what broadcast you want. (Default though is home TV).

I toggle over to Astros radio every time I can, although lately it’s been very glitchy (takes forever to load, or isn’t synced up with the video very well).

Thanks. Sorry, that question was re: thetvapp.to.

10 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Dom Smith and Gio Urshela both DFA

Meh....keep waiting it out more bodies will drop

August DFAs/waiver wire is like a monthlong Christmas/ candy store shopping spree for Dana.

I just hope the team doesn’t end up looking like this at the end.

IMG_2318.jpeg

Brian McTaggart
@brianmctaggart
·
7s
Astros third baseman Alex Bregman said he slept with his arm wrong a few days ago and doesn’t want to play through it anymore. He expects to miss the weekend but said it’s not a long term injury.

Edited by uoftorange
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, uoftorange said:

Brian McTaggart
@brianmctaggart
·
7s
Astros third baseman Alex Bregman said he slept with his arm wrong a few days ago and doesn’t want to play through it anymore. He expects to miss the weekend but said it’s not a long term injury.

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

‘slept on it wrong’ 

Mad Arthur GIF by MOODMAN

At least it wasn't a "massage."

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Oof. That lineup.

It’s gonna be a doozy.

at least maybe we get to see Whitcomb right away instead of calling him up and he resides one for at least 2 days

oh who am I kidding. I’m sure Espada will use this as an excuse to start A Diaz…

edit:

could be worse?

IMG_2320.thumb.jpeg.9d319a06c8cc78bd7b65371759b8876d.jpeg

Edited by UTexasFight

26 minutes ago, uoftorange said:

Brian McTaggart
@brianmctaggart
·
7s

We basically have 4 straight off days a month after the all star break.

take it easy, rest up. Don’t do anything stupid. Get ready to keep smashing the final 15 games of this 18 game stretch 

does suck that it happens right in the middle of him being absolutely unstoppable. Will probably end up costing him a shot at POM 

Edited by UTexasFight

2 hours ago, uoftorange said:

Brian McTaggart
@brianmctaggart
·
7s

Good grief. Just seeing this. WTF. Soft as butter these mofos are as a collective group. Hockey players must laugh their asses off at these kind of reports.

28 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Good grief. Just seeing this. WTF. Soft as butter these mofos are as a collective group. Hockey players must laugh their asses off at these kind of reports.

I’m taking all of this Bregman stuff with a grain of salt. But this is a much more complicated way of saying “dude has played in 116 of 120 games. We’re giving him the weekend off because we’re playing a team that will be at 100 losses with over an entire month of the season left.”

But if going the “slept wrong” route is the way to accomplish getting him a break and keeps the white sox from throwing at our dudes (which is what they would have done if we came out and said “we don’t feel with need Bregman this weekend to be able to win 2 or 3 of 3”, then so be it)

• Hook 'Em 1