Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, Mo Horn said:

Haven't been able to watch the game, but following on gamecast. Not surprised to see Dezenzo following the pattern of players who hit everything in the minors, come to the majors, look great the first few games, then look like they've never hit a baseball in their life. I assume Whitcomb will follow suit. 

Did you like the part where Joe Espada didn't PH for Chas with runners on second and third?

That was awesome.

• Rage+1 6

1 minute ago, Guadaloopy said:

Ort is fine.  Robert’s going to get his from time to time.  

This game is just so typical of the mid to late season hubris we’ve seen from this organization.  They take for granted these opportunities against crappy teams and rest the best players while running out a lineup of scrubs.  Winning streak be damned.   Taking advantage of the other teams in the division struggling be damned.  It just feels like they punted this game because they were facing Crochet.  

One of these seasons it’s really going to bite us.  

Only the epic fail of Seattle and Arlington at the last minute kept our sleepwalking from biting us last year. 

13 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

What a dumb loss. Single-handedly beaten by Luis Robert and all-around shitty personnel management by Espada, both utilizing the pitching staff and refusing to do anything about Chas until it's too late.

Espada wasn't striking out 16 times.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

We have to win the next two to take the season series against the White Sox….

this game and the fact that the Mariners got 7 games against these chumps (M’s went 6-1) and we only get 6 may really end up biting us in the ass at the end of the season. 

8 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Ort is fine.  Robert’s going to get his from time to time.  

This game is just so typical of the mid to late season hubris we’ve seen from this organization.  They take for granted these opportunities against crappy teams and rest the best players while running out a lineup of scrubs.  Winning streak be damned.   Taking advantage of the other teams in the division struggling be damned.  It just feels like they punted this game because they were facing Crochet.  

One of these seasons it’s really going to bite us.  

Ort isn’t bad. Dare I say he is good. But the idiocy of wanting him to pitch in pressure innings is nonsense 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Ort isn’t bad. Dare I say he is good. But the idiocy of wanting him to pitch in pressure innings is nonsense 

Yeah he’s no higher than 5th (that should be exactly where he is) on the leverage list. If he’s pitching in an important situation it should be when we are behind by 1 or 2 runs in the 6th or 7th. That’s about as important as it should get. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, elfenix said:

Espada wasn't striking out 16 times.

Neither were the guys he didn't play. I mean, you're obviously not wrong, but we all knew that was a crap lineup the moment it was announced. The surprising disappointment was Diaz, who gave a wonderful rendition of a kid flailing at a piñata. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Wagner went 2-4 again for Toronto meanwhile our new guys can’t hit water falling out of a boat. Let’s see what Whitbomb does now I guess. 

I wish Wagner all the best but he doesn’t solve this team’s biggest needs right now (1B or OF).

Meanwhile the guy everyone was crying about that we lost (Loperfido) is batting .140 with 1 XBH, 1 RBI, 1 BB and striking out at a 42% clip in 45 PAs as a Blue Jay.