Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Hmm, even Maddox had his personal catcher. Not surly thread approved !!!!!

Nobody gives a shit of 1 pitcher gets their personal catcher. The good catcher, no matter how good, isn’t catching 100% of the games and having a personal catcher is just fine as a mechanism for resting catcher #1. 
the problem was that far tub of shit caught everyone every time through the rotation. 

• Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Getting the national coverage this weekend

FOX tonight.

MLBN tomorrow (out of network)

ESPN Sunday 

Carries through next week with the Phillies too 

Monday - Space City/FS1

Tues - Space City/ TBS Out of market

Wed - Space City/ MLB Network out of market 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Holy shit Arrighetti looked good last night -- command and really good raw stuff.  If we can get the bottom half to contribute anywhere near league average, keep Breg healthy (i think, with his infield background, he can be good at first -- people don't realize how much a good first baseman helps -- we lose a lot of outs with Singleton and Yainer with their shitty footwork and not understanding how to stretch at the right time to get the most extension on close plays), keep the bullpen going, get and/or keep key starters healthy, and maybe get Tucker back at some point we can win the AL and go deep in the WS.  Those stats Fox was showing last night about our performance since the bad start were eye opening -- especially considering Espada's dumbassery, the bottom half sucking, and injuries.    

• Hook 'Em 4

Pitching has fuled the turn around. The Astros are now 4th in the AL in era at 3.79, which is incredible considering we were near last heading into June. They have shaved off close to 1.5 points since mid-June.

Offense is still a major problem. Arrighetti has a near sub 3.00 era in the 2nd half but is only 2-4, while the team is 2-5 in his 7 GS, he has been dominating with a 54/12 SO/BB ration in those 42.2 IP. Framber, Brown, Kikuchi, and Arighetti are all turning in good starts consisently. Verlander came back and delievered a QS in his 1st start in months, yet the offense scored 1 run against a mid pitching staff.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Pitching has fuled the turn around. The Astros are now 4th in the AL in era at 3.79, which is incredible considering we were near last heading into June. They have shaved off close to 1.5 points since mid-June.

Offense is still a major problem. Arrighetti has a near sub 3.00 era in the 2nd half but is only 2-4, while the team is 2-5 in his 7 GS, he has been dominating with a 54/12 SO/BB ration in those 42.2 IP. Framber, Brown, Kikuchi, and Arighetti are all turning in good starts consisently. Verlander came back and delievered a QS in his 1st start in months, yet the offense scored 1 run against a mid pitching staff.

Last night was such a refreshing team performance all around. Let's figure out how to bottle that.

It wouldn't have taken much more offense to this point to have us in way better shape today. Among teams that are .500 or better (both leagues), we still have the worst record in 1-run games (14-21) and extra innings (5-8). Really hope the new guys can keep helping and that Bregman and Tucker find their way back into the lineup soon. Keep pitching as the staff has lately, add another run of two per night and my prediction of a disastrous end to the season hopefully will prove incorrect. 

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Wut?

can he even run full speed yet?

”first week” ends September 7.

I can’t imagine he gets anything less than 1 week of rehab stint which means he’d have to be ready in 1 week to start that.

I'm sure he’ll need closer to 10-14 days with all of the rest days I’m sure they’ll plan to bake in in between games.

Although I guess flip side is just call him up whenever he can run and let him work out his timing in Houston. Cant be any worse that what we’re putting in the lineup  today 

• Hook 'Em 1

I will be in OKC at the Sugar Land/OKC game sept 6th so I am hoping Tucker is there playing cause at least that means he should make it back.

Until I see his ass at a minor league rehab I am not convinced he even makes it back.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

12 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Bregman is playing 3rd everyone calm down...but flame away on that OF.

2B Altuve,
3B Bregman,
DH Alvarez,
C Diaz,
SS Peña,
CF Meyers,
RF Dubón,
1B Dezenzo,
LF McCormick.
P Brown

Has whitcomb been too successful at the plate?  

• Rage+1 2