Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, Gut Wagon said:

We probably have the pitching to hold any October opponent to 3 runs. Of course, we also have the offense to hold ourselves to fewer than 3. 

But the defense is going to give up at least 2

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I would be so tempted to DFA Jon Singleton.

What's "tempting" about it? He's batting .232 and is an average 1st baseman. He should have been gone long ago. We have others who can play 1st.

Edited by Mo Horn

2 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

So now 27 innings pitched the Astros were better for 25. Those two shitbags Abreu and Singelton lost us each game 

You cannot afford to make mistakes against a team as talented as Baltimore. I would think the Astros would know something about that.

19 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

So now 27 innings pitched the Astros were better for 25. Those two shitbags Abreu and Singelton lost us each game 

GTFO calling Abreu a shitbag.  He’s been one of our best bullpen arms for three seasons.  

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I would be so tempted to DFA Jon Singleton.

Better late than never i guess.  A better time would have been before dusty threw away huge ABs in the alcs last year.

25 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

What's "tempting" about it? He's batting .232 and is an average 1st baseman.

In the field?  He's well below average.

Edited by WBT

At least the Giants helped out by winning today. 

7 minutes ago, WBT said:

Better late than never i guess.  A better time would have been before dusty threw away huge ABs in the alcs last year.

In the field?  He's well below average.

I was being generous

• Hook 'Em 1

I understand it’s a long season and team dynamics are tricky but there has to be accountability on this lazy fielding bullshit - if nothing else to get their attention and heighten awareness. This bullshit Chas pulled the other night letting that guy advance and singletons bullshit at first tonight. Those are the kinds of plays that lose close games and these guys need to understand that. Also they need to start treating first base like a defensive position that matters. Nuance is important as fist base and it’s not just picking short throws like the keep on showing them working on during practice. It’s footwork and timing and they don’t have it and it’s costing us outs.

• Hook 'Em 2