Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

2 hours ago, hornmpa96 said:

You think Singelton is some kind of defensive wizard at 1B or do you want someone else to DH entirely?

He shouldn't be in at all. The good story is over. He can be a LHB off the bench. Let see if Dezenzo can get better.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, ckhorn said:

He shouldn't be in at all. The good story is over. He can be a LHB off the bench. Let see if Dezenzo can get better.

can dezenzo play of ?

chas is hitting .188 

I don’t think tucker is coming back this season 

8 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

can dezenzo play of ?

chas is hitting .188 

I don’t think tucker is coming back this season 

The outfield is fine as long Gamel keeps getting quality at bats and Meyers will quit trying to lead outfielders for hitting into double plays. Always been a big Tucker fan even with his slow start in the bigs, but did he hit the foul ball off his Pussy? This is quite ridiculous injury for just shin bruise. If you played ball at all. You always took a few off the shin. I still have a sore spot from 20 years ago. I didn't stop one time from playing and its still a soft spot.

Edited by ckhorn

25 minutes ago, Honeysucklerose said:

I absolutely hate the guy, but how?

Poor lineup construction, not enough emphasis on moving runners especially in the 10th, pitching Neris .1 IP, sending Hader out there in the 10th. You burned Neris, Abreu, and Hader and lost the game. They are all out tomorrow after all pitching back to backs. It's just continued retardness to keep pitching Hader in non-Sv situations.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, ckhorn said:

His spot should go to Salazar, he puts together better ABs than Singleton and isn't a complete nothing on defense.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ckhorn said:

The outfield is fine as long Gamel keeps getting quality at bats and Meyers will quit trying to lead outfielders for hitting into double plays. Always been a big Tucker fan even with his slow start in the bigs, but did he hit the foul ball off his Pussy? This is quite ridiculous injury for just shin bruise. If you played ball at all. You always took a few off the shin. I still have a sore spot from 20 years ago. I didn't stop one time from playing and its still a soft spot.

You think a fucking bruise has kept Tucker out more games than he was played. The Astros are obvioulsy lying to cover up their piss poor medical team that probably misdiagnosed the injury.

Any thoughts on using a 6 man rotation when none of your starters go 6 innings?

I understand why they moved to a 6 man given Verlander is coming back from injury, Spaghetti’s inning load, etc.

However, they are absolutely going to burn through this bullpen and it’s already close to being on fumes.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Focht Up said:

Will there ever be a return to the normal extra innings format?  I hate this Little League shit.

No.

but going on year #5 of this you’d think the organization would adjust. Train your 26th man to be a designated butter or something.

we’re 22-38 in extras with the rule (since 2020).

this is as of the end of April 2024 

i’m sure we’re still dead last:

IMG_2446.thumb.jpeg.de4f635895c9b472d86c77723497d072.jpeg

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, hornmpa96 said:

Any thoughts on using a 6 man rotation when none of your starters go 6 innings?

I understand why they moved to a 6 man given Verlander is coming back from injury, Spaghetti’s inning load, etc.

However, they are absolutely going to burn through this bullpen and it’s already close to being on fumes.

Verlander, Blanco, Brown, and Arighetti need load balance. Framber and Kikuchi are fine. Espada has mismanaged the bullpen so bad.

• Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Poor lineup construction, not enough emphasis on moving runners especially in the 10th, pitching Neris .1 IP, sending Hader out there in the 10th. You burned Neris, Abreu, and Hader and lost the game. They are all out tomorrow after all pitching back to backs. It's just continued retardness to keep pitching Hader in non-Sv situations.

We lost because we could only muster two runs.

14 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

So you wanted Bregman to bunt?

20 minutes ago, Welch said:

I liked it better when I thought you were being sarcastic with this.

well sept 1 is five days away. he’s still hasn’t taken a minor league at bat 

he’s ‘running’ on a treadmill but not around bases 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

No.

but going on year #5 of this you’d think the organization would adjust. Train your 26th man to be a designated butter or something.

we’re 22-38 in extras with the rule (since 2020).

this is as of the end of April 2024 

i’m sure we’re still dead last:

IMG_2446.thumb.jpeg.de4f635895c9b472d86c77723497d072.jpeg

This could explain we may have had poor managers during this time and we've won a lot in spit of them.

33 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

You think a fucking bruise has kept Tucker out more games than he was played. The Astros are obvioulsy lying to cover up their piss poor medical team that probably misdiagnosed the injury.

Not really sure the reasoning of hiding this if it was a fracture. I have thought for a while this is it, but seeing strange texts between Tucker and the Espada is LOL. Why wouldn't you want to protect your player and tell everyone it is something more than a bruise, especially since the trade deadline is long gone.

this is a marathon, not a sprint

don’t confuse late aug line ups with playoff line ups

this 6 man rotation will hopefully slowly rest some arms. picking up nerris was huge 

stay in first. 

Animated GIF

baltimore and philly are very good teams, WS contenders. we are there with them, step by step 

22 minutes ago, ckhorn said:

Not really sure the reasoning of hiding this if it was a fracture. I have thought for a while this is it, but seeing strange texts between Tucker and the Espada is LOL. Why wouldn't you want to protect your player and tell everyone it is something more than a bruise, especially since the trade deadline is long gone.

Same question for me. What advantage is there to lie to everyone, including your fans, about it? Worried fans will lose hope for the season and stop showing up? Do they think they can make the Mariners, Yankees, Orioles, or Twins either give up, or the opposite…make them try harder and tire themselves out, because they think Tucker is coming back? PSYCHE PSYCHE!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

this is a marathon, not a sprint

don’t confuse late aug line ups with playoff line ups

this 6 man rotation will hopefully slowly rest some arms. picking up nerris was huge 

stay in first. 

Animated GIF

baltimore and philly are very good teams, WS contenders. we are there with them, step by step 

Agreed. If we can get healthy and win the West. This pitching staff is going to be tough to deal with. Just need to manage the starters innings and let them skip a start or two. Espada needs to connect with his inner Hinch and not his inner Baker.

1 minute ago, ckhorn said:

Agreed. If we can get healthy and win the West. This pitching staff is going to be tough to deal with. Just need to manage the starters innings and let them skip a start or two. Espada needs to connect with his inner Hinch and not his inner Baker.

hinch didn’t have this shit line up, especially abreu for almost half the season 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

GTFO.  No one is lying or covering shit up.  

• Hook 'Em 1