Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

I remember when we were searching high and low for a left hand bat in the outfield. Now I think that’s all we have besides Meyers and Dubon. I’m assuming Chas is toast. 
I had a feeling they would look at Heyward. Stat line isn’t great this year but his exit velocity is up from last year and he doesn’t strike out much. He can pinch hit for Meyers in extras a move that damn runner over to third almost every damn time. This is what I’ve been saying about getting bench bats. Get guys like Gamel and Haywood that have been in the league 10 years and had some success. Cheap. Not world beaters. But they will give competitive at bats and get a couple hits. Put the damn ball in play. It’s not like Madris, Cabbage, Hummel, Bannon and all the the other 4A guys we’ve tried that have no skins and swallow their nuts against big league pitching. I think by the end of September Whitcomb and Dezenzo are gonna also make for some tough decisions for playoff roster assuming they keep progressing and Singleton, Chas etc keep sucking.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I look forward to the:

”we acquired Jason Heyward—released by the Dodgers—for cash” tweet memes when he terrorizes them in the World Series 

thats 12’ 10” and 480 lb of OFers we’ve gotten from them.

Edited by UTexasFight

15 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Chas isn’t done with the stros. He has options left. They will send him to the minors and try it again next year. 

He should go down and consider it a rehab assignment for next 30 days. See what happens. Maybe he will see Tucker down there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Chas isn’t done with the stros. He has options left. They will send him to the minors and try it again next year. 

Finally some sanity. He’s under contract til ‘27 and has options left. If anything this just means his arb number is gonna be low this off-season 

• Hook 'Em 1