7/29: Yusei Kikuchi (Trade): 2.89 ERA, 28.0 IP
7/30: Caleb Ferguson (Trade): 3.18 ERA, 11.1 IP
8/20: Ben Gamel (Waiver claim): .389 AVG, .894 OPS
8/24: Hector Neris (Free agent): 0.00 ERA, 1.2 IP, immaculate vibes 
8/29: Jason Heyward (Free agent): 👀

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The trash is what Crane did as the GM. Brown's additions have been more good than not.

Sure. I guess I just have selective memory that makes it seem like brown is constantly claiming guys and dumping them a few weeks later.

I don’t remember Click or Luhnow operating like that. Or maybe they did just that those teams and the system were so stacked no one paid any attention to that stuff

Janson Junk: 8/2 claimed off waivers, 8/29 DFA

Aledmys Diaz: signed 7/13, released 8/16

Jacob Amaya: traded for on 4/6, DFA 8/24

Alex Speas: 5/10 claimed off waivers, 6/22 DFA

Miguel Diaz: claimed off waivers 4/4, released 5/27

There’s been a lot more, those are just the ones that got claimed/signed somewhere else and didn’t end up back in the farm system 

7 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

1 game in over two months (going back to June 21) that we’ve given up double-digit runs in a game (and we won that game).

That the Baltimore game where they scored like 9 or 10 in the 8th and 9th against guys that are no longer in the org?  When we had like a 15-2 lead or something?  

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That the Baltimore game where they scored like 9 or 10 in the 8th and 9th against guys that are no longer in the org?  When we had like a 15-2 lead or something?  

June 21 was 14-11 where Nick Hernandez and Montero gave up 7 in the 8th.

the one game since then was the 13-12 win in Minnesota the day after the 4th of July when Luis Contreras gave up 6 earned runs in the 9th and we had to burn Hader in a game we led 13-5 going to the bottom of the 9th 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

June 21 was 14-11 where Nick Hernandez and Montero gave up 7 in the 8th.

the one game since then was the 13-12 win in Minnesota the day after the 4th of July when Luis Contreras gave up 6 earned runs in the 9th and we had to burn Hader in a game we led 13-5 going to the bottom of the 9th 

Those were basically the same game. And all bullpen guys torched are gone, right?  

22 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Those were basically the same game. And all bullpen guys torched are gone, right?  

I think they’re still in the system.

they weren’t on my list of dumpster dives that are no longer in the system that I posted last night 

2 hours ago, TejasPedro said:

We got lucky on one trash heap guy. Hey came through last night. Who else is out there we can sign? Can Michael Brantley be signed to the playoff roster?

I want them to sign Brantley as a hitting coach. He's a great locker room guy and has a ton of experience. Seems like the kind of dude you want to have supporting Espada and helping guys not swing at sliders 2 feet off the plate.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I want them to sign Brantley as a hitting coach. He's a great locker room guy and has a ton of experience. Seems like the kind of dude you want to have supporting Espada and helping guys not swing at sliders 2 feet off the plate.  

Agreed. I want Uncle Mike in the clubhouse if at all possible.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

He can hang out all he wants but I want Mickey coaching, not Michael.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I do love the name.  "Vinnie Pasquantino" is an all-time great baseball name.  Or for a dude who's in "waste management" or somesuch.  Either way.

Wasn't he one of the guys who gunned down Sonny Corleone? And that's fair.

3 hours ago, runthebone said:

They should be glad it's not a bone bruise.

too soon

2 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

But, but, but... Brent Strom!!!

too soon

2 hours ago, Scraps said:
4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:
diaz broke him …,

Lucky for them they could always sign Jose Abreu

too soon

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Bregman got ejected so hard that he's missing two games.

Abreu needs the 2 week break on the IL.

not Bregman… he’s going to be crawling to the finish line…just hope he can continue to play serviceable 3B and he’s in the lineup enough to keep his bat at least warm. If he needs a stint on the IL now, I’m afraid he want be worth anything at the plate until June 2025…in a different uniform 

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Anyone know why Abreu got charged with an earned run, while Brown was charged with 2 unearned runs in the 7th last night? It makes no sense.

Huh?

brown put two runners on before he was pulled

those were his responsibility no matter if the reliever pisses down his leg 

7 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Anyone know why Abreu got charged with an earned run, while Brown was charged with 2 unearned runs in the 7th last night? It makes no sense.

Does it reset when a new pitcher comes in?  Like you forget everything that happened before he came in?

Otherwise it doesn't make sense because the inning would be over.  But I could see the logic that Abreu doesn't get off the hook for an error that happened before he came in.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, WBT said:

Does it reset when a new pitcher comes in?  Like you forget everything that happened before he came in?

Otherwise it doesn't make sense because the inning would be over.  But I could see the logic that Abreu doesn't get off the hook for an error that happened before he came in.

That makes some sense, but even in the game summary listed on baseball-reference, they mark the run as unearned when listing the pbp, but Abreu has 25 R/ER for the season.

Edited by HtownHorn

26 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Huh?

brown put two runners on before he was pulled

those were his responsibility no matter if the reliever pisses down his leg 

Yes, but they are unearned because without Pena's error the inning would have been over. I am not sure why that wasn't also the case with Abreu. It's a weird scoring decision.

This is from wiki.  It says unearned to the team but earned for the new pitcher.  Schrodinger's run.

Pitching changes

When pitchers are changed in the middle of an inning, and one or more errors have already occurred, it is possible to have a run charged as earned against a specific pitcher, but unearned to the team. The simplest example is when the defensive team records two outs and makes an error on a play that would have been the third out. A new pitcher comes into the game, and the next batter hits a home run. The runner who reached on the error comes around to score, and his run is unearned to both the prior pitcher and the team. However, the run scored by the batter is counted as earned against the relief pitcher, but unearned to the team (since there should have already been three outs). Had the team not switched pitchers, neither run would be counted as an earned run because that pitcher should have already been out of that inning.

33 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Yes, but they are unearned because without Pena's error the inning would have been over. I am not sure why that wasn't also the case with Abreu. It's a weird scoring decision.

Ah, I gotcha.

i guess because to Abreu, it didn’t matter how those runners got on or if the inning should have been over, he still gave up a single and a double.

edit: what wbt said.

weird to have 0 earned runs to the team but 1 charged to Abreu but that makes sense. Doesnt matter why the inning is still going when he comes in, it is. And if runners he’s responsible for come around and score without the help of another error, it should be charged as earned to him 

Edited by UTexasFight