Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

2 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

10 Ks for Kikuchi, dude was a hell of a pickup and may be the difference between making and missing the playoffs. Props to Dana and company, he's a hell of a lot more impactful than Bloss and Loperfido would have been. I don't know what he will cost to keep next year, but I hope they re-sign him.

He’s no Randy Johnson acquisition, but tonight looked like it… and the team record in his starts so far is.

6-0 in one month with him on the bump is pretty tasty 

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

He’s no Randy Johnson acquisition, but tonight looked like it… and the team record in his starts so far is.

6-0 in one month with him on the bump is pretty tasty 

6 - 0 from your #5 is pretty damn salty 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2024 at 3:26 PM, RGBIII said:

Gave myself nearly 24 hours before commenting on the trade and while it was an overpay, it is not nearly as bad as I originally thought. Maybe this is me trying to huff some copium but it does give some perspective in my eyes. Reminder our farm system is ass

-Wagner is an org bat with no real position and zero power plus hes 26. Those dudes are a dime a dozen plus the only position he can actually play is second base, which is pretty occupied 

-Loperfido is 25, strikes out a ton and is probably a utility dude in the long term. Definitely will miss him but its not like we traded Jose Ramirez. I also dont think Brown makes this move if he thinks anyone but Tucker will be in right in the next few years...thats how you get the goodwill back Dana. Sign the mother fucker

-Bloss had a fantastic year in the minors but has never thrown over 76 innings in the minors and just dealt with shoulder issues (I am unaware of the rest of his medical history). He also has a major problem walking lefties. Could he be a #2, sure, could he be a righty only bullpen guy, sure. Its a high upside arm and IMO really the only major loss in this deal

-Kikuchi...Numbers dont look great, results dont look great. Stuff is excellent, dude averages 96 on his fastball from the left side, only Ragans Skubal and Crochet average higher from the left side. He Ks people, doesnt walk people. The issue is contact, I think a lot of that is fixable and a lot of that has to do with luck as well. Is he going to suddenly change what he is and become The Big Unit, no, but I think he will give some solid innings and probably start in the postseason or be one hell of a bridge to abreu, pressly, hader. Just help get us to the dance and lets party!

Again this is probably copium and who knows what this looks like in 5 years. Win another ring and who gives a fuck about the rest

Caleb Ferguson is ass

This lines up pretty well so far. Extend Kikuchi

• Hook 'Em 2