Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, ckhorn said:

6 games up. Seattle is Toast.

Joe Biden GIF by Election 2020

Still a lot of games against good and/or hot teams left. Let's not go tempting the BBGs just yet, especially considering this crazy roller coaster injury-riddled season.

Edited by Gourmand
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/31/2024 at 10:38 PM, UTexasFight said:

Oh hai.

Only got the last two series results correct. But got the overall record of 14-11.

6-6 since the all star break is a bit disappointing. Really need Tucker back. August could be rough, by not adding a bat and the schedule we’re facing. 22 of the 28 against teams over .500 (although the post-deadline Rays, who we play 6 times, are not a .500 (55-53) team).

Gonna sound like a broken record but:

I’ll take some more “almost treading water”—and hope and pray we get Tucker and some SP back by Labor Day. And hope we blow the doors off in September.

hot start, finish the month with a whimper 

15-13

TB 2-1

TEX 2-1

@BOS 2-1

@TB 1-2

CWS 3-0

BOS 1-2

@BAL 1-3

@PHI 1-2

KC 2-1

I’m a day late. 
August was much better than I expected after how we looked to end July. 18-10 was T-5 best record in MLB for the month.

Sept:

KC 1-0

@CIN 2-1

AZ 1-2

OAK 3-0

@LAA 3-0

@SD 2-1

LAA 2-1; clinch the west at the beginning or somewhere during this series 

SEA 2-1 

@CLE 1-2; clinch the 2 seed over KC (CLE gonna fold) after the first game (W) in this series ; (if it comes to it though, what is the tiebreaker if H2H is tied between division winners?)

17-8. Finish 92-70. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

It’s stupid that we have an off day on Tuesday in the middle of the Cincinnati series. 

Surly: it’s unamerican to not play on July 4, or Labor Day.

also surly: so fucking stupid to travel for a Monday day game and then have an off day the next day. 

just stay away from the chili spaghetti after the game tomorrow  

Edited by UTexasFight

I remember back in March and April when some of you(not me but don’t go back and look at my posts) thought the season was over. Bunch of pussies.
Not me. I ironically held out and didnt give up til the loss to the White Sox in 1st game of that series in chicago.

That was actually the turning point of the season lulz
  • Like 1

Today was a good day. Took my son to his 3rd game of the year and his 5 yo half-brother to his first ever MLB game. I hear he already has his “first game certificate” framed. He loved running the bases after the game and moved down to 106 late in the game and got a ball from agswin who was hanging out nearby. 

Called the 1st Yordan bomb and Singleton’s.

Yordan getting within ~5’ of hammering 3 in a game twice in the span of a week was nice icing on the cake.

Plus Whitley’s here… get off the track, AL. Train’s coming through. 

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

39 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

No, the alternative is to be off on Thursday following the 3 game series, at home. 

So you’re advocating bumping the 18 straight games that people were birching about to 20 consecutive? Ok. Point is everyone is different, and they have different preferences. Someone was always going to bitch. Guess it was your turn.

I conditionally gave up on this team in early June.  It was obvious that Abreu was washed, and his return just so Bagwell could save face made me sick to my gut.  It was an absolutely moronic baseball move.  It was at that point that I said I was out on this team until Jose Abreu was gone for good.  Fortunately, I was out for less than two weeks.   

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Scraps said:
2 hours ago, Gourmand said:
Didn't Cincy sweep us or some such shit the last time we played them?
WE ARE DOOMED.

They tend to do that often. They did it in 2019 also at a series i went to

There too!

got mild food poisoning… rain delay for one of the games. Just a shitty series.

Then went on to NYY to see them lose two games there.

such a shitty road trip in an otherwise otherworldly season