Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

11 minutes ago, Scraps said:
12 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:
I love it when I have a long ass day at work full of shit, come home to start the game late and see a walk, error, rage out and come back into the room to see we gave up another 2 runs on idgaf. Turning this off and going to vacuum or some shit. We really need to take this playoff race seriously. 

Lol calm down son. Go drink a beer or 4

Whoooosssssaaaaa. I am calm now. I will just read this thread. I need to chill. Good call my man. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HOOKEM4 said:

So I shouldn't tune back in? Dammit I am bored. Juuuust kidding, I turned it back on and wow this is tough. We need 4- 2 out rallies and we are back in this boys! BELIEVE!

go walk the dog 

but dezenzo about to go deep heren

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Haha 1

Jake meyers goes on paternity leave and we get our asses kicked by a reds team that had been circling the drain for a month. 
Bring back Jake!  
mostly kidding. I did wonder if he’d have gotten to that ball in the first. That might have made a difference. Or, not having any one of a bunch of other bullshit errors that led to runs and extra batters and extra pitches etc. 

Need one tomorrow for mental health of fans. Another A’s walk off over the mariners tonight would also be fun. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

53 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Astros have done Dezenzo a disservice calling him up to only play him every 4th game at a position he’s not used to.  He’s been brutal at 1B but he’s a better player than what we’ve seen.  

Who else is there though?

Matt Chapman just got 6 years and 151m from the Giants at age 31. That should be about what Bregman is seeking next year, but I don't think this team is gonna pay it. 25m a year is a good chunk of change, so the Astros need to figure out if Whitcomb is an acceptable replacement. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Matt Chapman just got 6 years and 151m from the Giants at age 31. That should be about what Bregman is seeking next year, but I don't think this team is gonna pay it. 25m a year is a good chunk of change, so the Astros need to figure out if Whitcomb is an acceptable replacement. 

Just came to say same thing. Practically same age and identical career WAR and WAA. Chapman has 4 gold gloves and having another great year defensively. Bregman now has an injury concern also. If that isn’t his ceiling it’s close. Maybe not his but the teams. Between Tucker, Framber and Bregman at least one will probably have to go for salary purposes. Framber will want $25, Tucker will want $30+, Bregman $25+ plus we need find a 1B and possibly outfielder in free agency. Going to be a very interesting off season. A GM could really make or break their career in an off season like this. No need for this window to close anytime soon with the right moves. 

27 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Framber will want $25, Tucker will want $30+, Bregman $25+

I think Framber is the clear luxury item among the three.  If Bregman would take Chapman’s deal I think the Astros would do it.  

• Hook 'Em 1