Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, UTexasFight said:

103.2 off the bat on machado’s ground out. Before the first game of the series, Blum was talking about San Diego’s field being one of the best/playing very true. But I don’t think he was talking about a play like that: a ball that bounced off the top of the mound, in between the pitcher’s legs, then a short hop behind the bag. Like a diabolical windmill putt putt hole where instead of you putting a ball in to a hole, it’s blasted towards you at over 100 mph 

such a damn good play 

Kessinger was asked about that play in the postgame and said (paraphrasing here) "they hit a bunch of balls hard up the middle and it's funny because right before he hit it I was thinking to myself 'he's gonna hit one up the middle that's going to hit off the mound' and then he did and I just had to make the play"....

When asked why he thought that, he said he's always trying to anticipate the challenging plays that could happen to be ready for them and that makes the easy plays that much easier.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

When asked why he thought that, he said he's always trying to anticipate the challenging plays that could happen to be ready for them and that makes the easy plays that much easier.

So clearly Pena is thinking about babies rolling balls out to shortstop. 

(hopefully that crap is behind him. He’s been better that past few games)

that profar call was a gift. he’d been killing us all series. who ever wanted to sign him this last offseason was right, he would have filled in great for tucker but i can understand the astros saying , we have chas that’s ready to go explode 

profar wins that game last night 

Edited by tx 3 putt

that profar call was a gift. he’d been killing us all series. who ever wanted to sign him this last offseason was right, he would have filled in great for tucker but i can understand the astros saying , we have chas that’s ready to go explode 

Bruh you know i was the Profar backer

48 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Yep.  He was feeling it and was ready for the moment.  My respect level went up for him seeing how much he wanted to hit instead of just taking a base.

14 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Kessinger has now entered to the Bruntlett area code of former Astros. Bruntlett's lore was made with the DP turn in game 4 of the 2005 NCLS.

I posted it last night but he had already moved to the neighborhood with his catch of the Semien line drive in the 9th in game 5 of the LCS last year. Unfortunately, we blew games 6 and 7, otherwise that’s probably up there with the Mancini play in game 5 2022 World Series 

https://www.mlb.com/video/ryan-pressly-in-play-out-s-to-marcus-semien-abjihb

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

29 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I posted it last night but he had already moved to the neighborhood with his catch of the Semien line drive in the 9th in game 5 of the LCS last year. Unfortunately, we blew games 6 and 7, otherwise that’s probably up there with the Mancini play in game 5 2022 World Series 

https://www.mlb.com/video/ryan-pressly-in-play-out-s-to-marcus-semien-abjihb

Personally, they should look to start subbing Altuve for defense late in games, just like the did for Biggio. I have no doubts that ball bounds of Altuve's glove into CF for a game winning single last night. It's ok and time to admit that Altuve's defense is a problem. He's on track to have his worst defensive season since 2014.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Personally, they should look to start subbing Altuve for defense late in games, just like the did for Biggio. I have no doubts that ball bounds of Altuve's glove into CF for a game winning single last night. It's ok and time to admit that Altuve's defense is a problem. He's on track to have his worst defensive season since 2014.

Pass Thumbs Down GIF by Tinashe

Altuve is fed up with the bullshit.
I think he is fed up with his bullshit. He has looked like shit and was bailing like a bitch on that last pitch.

Every time he starts this shit he goes dong though to break out of it so hopefully thats coming
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I think he is fed up with his bullshit. He has looked like shit and was bailing like a bitch on that last pitch.

Every time he starts this shit he goes dong though to break out of it so hopefully thats coming

True.

Also one of those “strikes,” wasn’t a strike.