Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

12 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Correa drives in 2 in the 10th.

twins need 3 outs in the bottom to keep up from dropping a game to Cleveland 

Minnesota gives up 3 only recording one out.

take the 3 seed, hope they hold on to the 6 and use the back of the rotation to win 2 games in the WC round 

58 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

More excusable than the previous night's idiotic attempt to steal home, but still amazingly stupid. I guess Servais wasn't their only problem. Yet somehow they're still pretty comfortably holding off Arlington for second place. Glad we're in a division of dunces. 

OK- so if we don't catch Cleveland and have to play in the WC series- this just in- the fighting AJ Hinches are now only 0.5 games back of the Wild Card. I doubt anyone has the slightest concern about playing them.

Also- holy shit looked up Correa's stats yesterday after the Twins lost 5-4 and Correa was 4-5 with all 4 RBI- they are awesome. He's playing good defense and he's got a 920 OPS.  Stud.  Then I looked at games played and it was like 78 and I laughed. Stud, that's made of glass. I wish him well. I really really liked him on the Astros. I hope he finishes out his career really well in Minnesota and ends up getting indcuted into the Hall of Fame (he has 44.5 WAR and he's going to be 29 for another 2 days so he is absolutely on that kind of pace) and has a great career and life. All that said, damn dude, mix in a 150 (or even 140) game season every now and again.  

Dudes games played:

99, 153, 109, 110, 75, 58, 148, 136, 135, 78 and counting

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, UTPhil2006 said:

After yesterday we ain’t catching the Indians 

Agreed…but… can the indians lose 2 out of 1 vs Minn, 3 vs STL, 2 vs Cincy?

if so, we have a shot.

angels we can easily sweep, even in a 4 game series.

Mariners we can easily sweep, they are inventing new ways to lose

Indians: a sweep won’t be easy. But if we can pull it off, they only need to lose 2 out of the next 6.

so there it is! 10 game winning streak to end the season and Indians lose 2 of their next 6 before we sweep them.

IMG_2903.gif.4b92800b91012fefe1623f7919747723.gif

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Hook 'Em 1