Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, Hornsbay22 said:

I had lost 11 straight games attended if you include the ALCS from last year at one point.   So I cancelled you out. 

damn thats rough...i am not even sure I went to 11 straight losses in the 2011-2013 years 

1 hour ago, Hornsbay22 said:

I had lost 11 straight games attended if you include the ALCS from last year at one point.   So I cancelled you out. 

I was on a 5 or 6 game L streak last year, including an ALCS game. Final month of home games was brutal.

Been pretty fortunate this year. Hoping to keep my recent streak of W's going tonight.

1 minute ago, Storm the Field said:

I was on a 5 or 6 game L streak last year, including an ALCS game. Final month of home games was brutal.

Been pretty fortunate this year. Hoping to keep my recent streak of W's going tonight.

Same, I actually think I'm on a 4 game loser now.  Then I go out of town for the whole Royals series and sweep.   Maybe I should consider staying away but the love streets just taste better there.

32 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

We need to start hitting some HR and XBH again. No dingers in the past 5 games and only something like 15 in our last 20.

Singles, easy flyouts, and strikeouts are getting kinda boring.

Obligatory: JV is on the mound. You’ll get plenty of dingers tonight.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Well that is interesting.  I would say either Altuve is trying to make it happen or he knows it's going to happen.  I don't remember him talking at all about Springer or Correa.

verlander money goes away, but need to sign at least one starter. plenty left for bergman but years will be an issue 

13 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Well that is interesting.  I would say either Altuve is trying to make it happen or he knows it's going to happen.  I don't remember him talking at all about Springer or Correa.

Altuve has had an interesting year being more vocal, both on and off the field 

on the field he’s shown more DGAF emotion/getting ejected than I can I remember the rest of his career combined.

and now starting to make comments like this. I don’t think I’d mind him being more vocal ‘f the haters’ on the booing/cheating scandal although he’d be wise to just continue to let his play do the talking and then deal with all of that after he’s retired. 

9 hours ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Give Coochie and JV both 2/44 deals. Add team option on the cooch one 

NFW. Offer JV a One year deal for 10mil with a bunch incentives. I like Couchie, but we have a bunch of pitchers returning and some others in the MiLB that need a shot. Besides, our FA signings have been the shit. Prefer to try to hang on to Bregman and Tucker. The Abreu, Montero and Pressley deals may screw us out of that.

Edited by ckhorn
DS

28 minutes ago, ckhorn said:

NFW. Offer JV a One year deal for 10mil with a bunch incentives. I like Couchie, but we have a bunch of pitchers returning and some others in the MiLB that need a shot. Besides, our FA signings have been the shit. Prefer to try to hang on to Bregman and Tucker. The Abreu, Montero and Pressley deals may screw us out of that.

Press won’t be on the team next year. Someone needs a halfway decent closer. 

5 minutes ago, runthebone said:

We're going to have Graveman!

And Whitley!

And...hahahaha...McCullers!

Just by mentioning his name and implying playing time you’re set back his rehab by 3 months.

If you talk about McCullers being health two more times, he dies.

Tread lightly.

1 hour ago, Dnaguy said:

Just by mentioning his name and implying playing time you’re set back his rehab by 3 months.

If you talk about McCullers being health two more times, he dies.

Tread lightly.

Can you kill someone whose arm is already 100% cadaver tendons?