Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

On 5/7/2024 at 10:32 PM, Macklemore said:

Crane needs to apologize to both for being an asshole for firing them. That’s the first step in trying to rehire Luhnow. Crane should have let them serve their one year suspensions and have them come back. The Red Sox had no problem with bringing Cora back after his suspension.

It’s despicable how Luhnow was made the fall guy when he was the least culpable. The future of this team is bleak. I’m worried that Crane is morphing into Jerry Jones by surrounding himself with yes men and will never again achieve the success he had with Luhnow. I hope he sells the team.

Let's remember some posts.

• Drool 1

18 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Let's remember some posts.

I’m happy we won the AL West. Our core players brought us back from the abyss. I hope we get hot and steal a WS title from teams that had better regular seasons than us like the Nationals did to us, which still stings 5 years later. This team deserves to have a 3rd WS title. I am still not a fan of Espada and Dana. 

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I’m happy we won the AL West. Our core players brought us back from the abyss. I hope we get hot and steal a WS title from teams that had better regular seasons than us like the Nationals did to us, which still stings 5 years later. This team deserves to have a 3rd WS title. I am still not a fan of Espada and Dana. 

Curb Your Enthusiasm Ok GIF

I don’t feel great about the chances of winning it all but if any team has earned the benefit of the doubt or deserves the support on the journey to the WS, it is this one. It’s kinda fitting they will have to win 13 games this year instead of 11. Doing things the easy way just doesn’t fit them. I’m ready for tight games and long series every step of the way. November champagne is the sweetest.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

Curb Your Enthusiasm Ok GIF

I ride or die with my hometown and am a diehard fan of the Astros, Rockets and Texans. I will call them out when they deserve it, praise them when warranted, and burn with anger, hatred and bile if they are a joke like the Texans were during the Easterby era. I’ll always be around the Houston sports threads on this site as long as I’m alive and this site exists.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

I don’t feel great about the chances of winning it all but if any team has earned the benefit of the doubt or deserves the support on the journey to the WS, it is this one. It’s kinda fitting they will have to win 13 games this year instead of 11. Doing things the easy way just doesn’t fit them. I’m ready for tight games and long series every step of the way. November champagne is the sweetest.

let’s play the games and see what happens 

18 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

was wearing my 2022 WS Champs shirt today, and 2022 seemed like such a long time ago for some reason

I was just thinking the same thing hearing the 10th inning show talking about this run and that World Series in particular

apparently LMJ was still alive then? (If you can call him that for game 3 )

• Haha 2