4. BAL
5. DET
6. MIN/KC (NO SEA)

DET over BAL
HOU over MIN/KC

DET over MFY
HOU over CLE

HOU over DET

Even if DET pulled it out and won (they are the hottest team in baseball at 28-11 in the last 39) I would be ok with losing to them compared to the MFY

The good news is next to the Astros the team with the 2nd best mark against the MFY in the postseason is the Tigers who are 3-0 (2006 ALDS, 2011 ALDS, 2012 ALCS)

That makes Verlander the ultimate MFY king (6-0 in series including 2 sweeps all time in the postseason vs MFY & 5-1 as a starter)

Edited by Pimphand
  • Hook 'Em 1

Bregman and Pena are in a contest. First one to get a hit gets replaced by Kessinger and gets rest of the day off. I don’t know why Salazar isn’t playing

my guess is they want caratini to have more experience catching kikuchi for the playoffs since he’s been here the shortest amount of time and salazar won’t ever catch a starter in the postseason.
  • Hook 'Em 4

11 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

im going to scroll back to mid / late june surly thread for the lulz

11 hours ago, David Dennison said:

It's delightful.

This is why I’m not a regular poster during the regular season. Too long a season to be making definitive statements during bad times and good, and we all want to make emotional snap judgments watching them day in and day out. 

Let’s make another run, boys!

• Haha 2

Did you realize that there will be no 100-win teams in the postseason this year, the first time that has happened since 2014?

The 88-74 wild card San Francisco Giants won the World Series that year by taking out Pittsburgh in the wc playoff game, Nationals in the LDS, Cardinals in the NLCS, and deciding 7th game vs KC in the World Series.

• Hook 'Em 4

By recent Houston standards, we've played a lot of forgettable baseball this season. Fortunately, everyone else in the AL West has played even more of it. And there are no super teams in either league, though there are quite a few individuals having monster years. So if Alvarez is OK and we get a bit more from our role player bats and Pressly, we might do some serious damage. 

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

The 88-74 wild card San Francisco Giants won the World Series that year by taking out Pittsburgh in the wc playoff game, Nationals in the LDS, Cardinals in the NLCS, and deciding 7th game vs KC in the World Series.

Well there it is. We’ll win 88 games too and win our 3rd WS on the tail end of our dynasty like the Giants did that year 

• Hook 'Em 3