Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, GottaB said:

You’ll never convince me that games at 1:32, 3:08, 4:32 and 7:38 will get more eyes than two games at 5:30 and 2 games at 8:00.

It’s playoffs. We need prime time.

This.

time to bully the mlb in to this like going back on the all star game jerseys.

i’m sure there is some dumb shit written in to the TV contracts. The espn deal is through 2028, but espn has an opt out after next year.

if the nfl is comfortable enough putting two games on MNF at the same time, MLB can do the same thing with the WC/LDS rounds. 

30 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

IMG_2025.jpeg

Would be nice to include the number of players in parentheses in each category.

i’m drawing a blank, what does “NOFA” mean?

really interesting how much the NL teams have relied on trades and free agency…

and how much Luhnow’s legacy still lives on in Houston and Baltimore, and to a lesser extent Milwaukee 

Edited by UTexasFight

If the Yankees hold serve, the only playoffs games we’ll have at home on the weekend (Fri-Sun)* would be games 4 and 5 of the LCS. Game 4 (Friday, Oct 18) would likely be primetime at least as that’ll be getaway day for the NLCS.

Game 5 of the ALCS (assuming we don’t sweep the Yankees) is on Oct 19 and is the only game that day (meaning it’ll be in primetime). So root for an afternoon Texas/UGA kickoff.

* - assumes at least 1 of the LCS’ goes 6 or 7 games. If both finish in 4 or 5, we’d host games 3-5 of the World Series Fri-Sun Oct 25-27. Otherwise, World Series games in Houston would be Mon-Wed Oct 28-30.