Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

21 minutes ago, kevwun said:

A peaceful October will be strange.

Yeah, it sucks. Will be really weird not having 2-3 weeks of stressful nights pacing around my living room, refreshing Twitter. My liver will enjoy the break.

I gotta dig up my post from a few weeks back, but this was a disappointing, yet fitting end to a very mediocre season. We only made the playoffs due to being in a shit division. Aging, injury-riddled team that was more frustrating than fun to watch. Zero grand slams, terrible with bases loaded, terrible in extra innings, dropped something like 30 1-run games.

Just not a very exciting on-the-field product and a poor imitation of the quality we got spoiled watching for most of the past decade.

• Rage+1 3

1 minute ago, Storm the Field said:

Yeah, it sucks. Will be really weird not having 2-3 weeks of stressful nights pacing around my living room, refreshing Twitter. My liver will enjoy the break.

I gotta dig up my post from a few weeks back, but this was a disappointing, yet fitting end to a very mediocre season. We only made the playoffs due to being in a shit division. Aging, injury-riddled team that was more frustrating than fun to watch. Zero grand slams, terrible with bases loaded, terrible in extra innings, dropped something like 30 1-run games.

Just not a very exciting on-the-field product and a poor imitation of the quality we got spoiled watching for most of the past decade.

losing verlander, javier, garcia, urquidy, tucker and still winning 88 games was amazing 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1