4 pitches 
2 outs
runner doesn’t move

This fucking team 

I mean:
5 pitches.
3 outs
runner doesn’t move 

I seriously walked to my garage after the 9th. Came immediately back in and commercials were still on. I fully expected to be in the top of the 10th when the game came back on.

Holy. Crap.

3 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

4 pitches 

2 outs

runner doesn’t move

This fucking team 

I mean:

5 pitches.

3 outs

runner doesn’t move 

Went to make a drink, came back and  wanted to ask what happened. Glad I missed it. 

Just now, UTexasFight said:

1-5 to the mariners with a -8 run differential (with 3 losses by 1 run and another by 2).

That’s going to sting come September 

On the bright side, it probably won't even matter by July.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Verlander balled out too.

Him, Scott, Kyle and Peña only true ballers on this team. Maybe throw in a little Jake in there.  Everyone else has their head up their asses.  

2 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Fire the manager tonight. Can’t fire the players. At least it would be doing something 

And send Bagwell on a “scouting mission” to The Dominican Republic until the end of the season.  

21 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Looks like the !ets are gonna cut Jorge Lopez after his recent blowup.  I think he would make a fine addition to our bullpen and shitty team. Love his emotion. Lol. 

Well, before anything happens he is going to need a new glove.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

And the M’s move the runner on the first pitch.  That’s why they’re in first and the Astros continue to suck shit through a straw.  

Shit is fucked when Scott Servais is smarter than anyone in the Astros' dugout.

• Rage+1 1

We have been a sub .500 team over the last 162. Something went seriously wrong sometime in September last season. The Rangers collapse at the end of the regular season and our drawing a middling Twins teams in the ALDS masked it. But the truth is, this team was very close to missing the playoffs last season, and, so far, this season has just been a continuation of that. The worst part, imo, is that there doesn't seem to be any real hope it will improve near term. There is no reason to believe this team is a player or two away from competing, so buying doesn't make any sense, not that we have much in the farm to trade. And I have no faith in the FO (and realistically it's Baggy, Reggie, and Crane anyway) to navigate a rebuild, so trading Bregs, JV, or Framber would probably just result in us getting fleeced. The real kicker is I live too far from the stadium to enjoy what inevitably will be cheap tickets and nearly empty sections of the stadium. That was at least one bonus of the 2012-era team. 

• Rage+1 4

19 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

We have been a sub .500 team over the last 162. Something went seriously wrong sometime in September last season. The Rangers collapse at the end of the regular season and our drawing a middling Twins teams in the ALDS masked it. But the truth is, this team was very close to missing the playoffs last season, and, so far, this season has just been a continuation of that. The worst part, imo, is that there doesn't seem to be any real hope it will improve near term. There is no reason to believe this team is a player or two away from competing, so buying doesn't make any sense, not that we have much in the farm to trade. And I have no faith in the FO (and realistically it's Baggy, Reggie, and Crane anyway) to navigate a rebuild, so trading Bregs, JV, or Framber would probably just result in us getting fleeced. The real kicker is I live too far from the stadium to enjoy what inevitably will be cheap tickets and nearly empty sections of the stadium. That was at least one bonus of the 2012-era team. 

the team got old 

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

the team got old 

I guess it could be that simple. Maybe they just hit a wall late last season and haven't been able to recover, but, to go from trouncing the Rangers in that early September 2023 series to what we've seen since, makes me wonder is there isn't something fundamentally wrong in the clubhouse. 

• Hook 'Em 1