Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, WBT said:

Going to party like it's 1999 7

image.png.47c13b40002a369bf3db80aa21981501.png

I was thinking more like the AL West in ‘94.

strike-shortened, of course, but that’s a piece of work for an entire division on August 12 (over 2/3rds of the season gone):

IMG_0672.thumb.jpeg.63886d4aadc817470cfaefbf00c60551.jpeg

I have been thinking about the fact that it just doesn’t seem like any of them care that they suck this year. But, think about this. Since 2017, the ‘Stros have played around 5 months of extra baseball. They are 59-38. That’s 97 extra games, more than half of a baseball season extra. The next closest team is the Dodgers at 73 games, 24 games less than the Astros. Those dudes may just be mentally and physically drained 3d0895a39f6af7385c01d360f78bbce2.jpg

1 minute ago, Mez2 said:

Pretty soon, we're gonna shove and it's gonna hurt. 

Lube up bitches, #pennzoil 

from 2018-2022, a team under .500 at 57 games made the World Series

2018: Dodgers 27-30
2019: Nationals 24-33
2021: Braves 28-29
2022: Phillies 28-29

Astros are 25-32 right now. 

GIF by NHL

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

from 2018-2022, a team under .500 at 57 games made the World Series

2018: Dodgers 27-30
2019: Nationals 24-33
2021: Braves 28-29
2022: Phillies 28-29

Astros are 25-32 right now. 

GIF by NHL

Settle down, putt. I don't think you can book up with griddle. But, hey, YOLO 

10 hours ago, WBT said:

Going to party like it's 1999 7

image.png.47c13b40002a369bf3db80aa21981501.png

There’s an alternate universe where Selig’s Brewers were forced back into the AL and we’re still with our friendly rivals in our own time zone. 

• Drool 1

7 hours ago, Macklemore said:

No fire. Disastrous Culley-level hire. Fire him at the All Star break.

Meh. That’s pretty mild

we DID pitch really well. Just the one inning we didn’t caused us to miss the split. (and Pressly getting an era under 5 )

and we continue to have little to no timely hitting.

.238 with RISP in that series.

if we can get that anywhere close to our overall team BA (MLB- leading .259) we probably win the series.

(Although it is fascinating to me on the season team BA with RISP is .259…. Exactly in line with overall MLB-leading .259 team average)

there is a lot to bash Espada about, but that quote’s not one of them to me.

as to the issues above, idk what to say about Pressly. I’m curious what someone who is smarter than me at analyzing the advanced metrics has to say about the chances he gets it together.

for the anti-clutch hitting, idk if more guys need to change their approach in those situations? Or if finally cutting bait on Abreu so you don’t have a bottom 4 of Diaz, singleton, Meyers, Abreu ? Or some other shake up in the lineup needs to happen.

After saying there would be an update on Cristian Javier and José Urquidy today, Joe Espada did not have one. He said he met with both pitchers today and wanted to “give them their space” while awaiting a second opinion. Asked if their UCLs are intact, Espada didn’t comment

Dang it, Carlos!

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

After saying there would be an update on Cristian Javier and José Urquidy today, Joe Espada did not have one. He said he met with both pitchers today and wanted to “give them their space” while awaiting a second opinion. Asked if their UCLs are intact, Espada didn’t comment

You don't say.

;)

• Hook 'Em 1

Thanks Choadler Rome.

He should probably be backing up Caratini at this point.
Agreed and I thought Diaz would hit 30+ homers this season and be in the running for AL allstar Catcher with Adley.

He looks like shit.

4 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Agreed and I thought Diaz would hit 30+ homers this season and be in the running for AL allstar Catcher with Adley.

He looks like shit.

He’ll be fine in a week now that Bregs woke up and surly can turn its attention to Diaz to blast 

• Like 1