Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

I mean it has been determined last season already you just can't believe anything that comes out of Dana Brown's mouth.  

Yall need to start hearing it like the charlie brown teacher cause that is all it is

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

There seems to be an incompetence battle going on between Espada and Brown, and they are both winning.

Dana Brown said he’s not “concerned” with Cristian Javier’s velocity decrease on his fastball. Brown thinks the mechanical issues for him could be “rhythm and timing”

Could "rhythm and timing," could be "timing of surgery," who is keeping track.

Posted (edited)

The Astros medical staff is only allowed to use information found on the backs of baseball cards when diagnosing injuries.  You try to using wins and losses from 2023 to figure out if someone has a torn ligament.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

What’s Dana supposed to say ?

for that matters, what is any gm going to say ?

People seem to think this is a Dana Brown thing, it's not. It's a Jim Crane thing. The Astros have always been very untruthful with injuries since Crane took over and the Astros became relevant. He's had 3 GMs since 2017 and all of them have given the press misinformation about injuries. Crane believes it gives them a competitive advantage.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Pretty sure I'm gonna need Tommy John surgery just from being an Astros fan this season.  Christ.

I’d be lying if this persistent ache in my forearm that started after my son’s first spring practice a few months ago isn’t concerning me. 

6 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Pretty sure I'm gonna need Tommy John surgery just from being an Astros fan this season.  Christ.

Agreed!

Between Astros Baseball and Longhorn baseball this year. I do thisspacer.png on the daily. 
ISO a number to a good TJ guy

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, runthebone said:

I assumed Javier would need TJ from the beginning.  If Brown says Garcia is coming along, that means he had experimental surgery to graft a pig arm onto his shoulder.  Brown says his forkball looks great!

wouldn't that make it a porkball?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Blanco picked a bad time to start sucking cock.

I’m more concerned with one guy getting in scoring position—outside of the two swings that cleared the fence— and 0 walks than I am our starter giving up 4 runs in 5.2 innings  

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

D-day tomorrow …in more ways than one with this team

if tucker and Bregman aren’t in the lineup Friday, go ahead and sell everything 

IMG_0598.jpeg

Edited by tx 3 putt