Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

Posted (edited)

My level of hate for this team is getting close to the BOB/Easterby/Culley era Texans. I want to punch a wall thinking about the fuck job Bagwell and Crane have done to torpedo our championship window. Bagwell was my favorite Astro growing up. His legacy is ruined in my eyes.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 6/9/2024 at 6:50 PM, runthebone said:

I keep saying worst loss of the year.  And it's true each time.

On 6/9/2024 at 6:25 PM, tx 3 putt said:

worst L of the season 

update

17 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

It's official. I'm done with this shitty team. Trade everyone and start rebuilding.

Crane better clean house first and send Espada and Dana packing before thinking about rebuilding. I don’t trust either of those clowns to lead a rebuild. Bagwell needs to be sidelined and we need to hire a proven, analytical nerd of a GM to right this sinking ship.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Like- what the hell was he thinking with Montero?  

Espada is the worst manager the Astros have had in my 4 decades of watching this team. Like Abreu, Espada clearly doesn’t have what it takes to be successful in the major league level. Jimy Williams and Bo Porter would run circles around this idiot. Fire him now.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

25 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Espada is the worst manager the Astros have had in my 4 decades of watching this team. Like Abreu, Espada clearly doesn’t have what it takes to be successful in the major league level. Jimy Williams and Bo Porter would run circles around this idiot. Fire him now.

I’d say there is better than a 50/50 chance Crane has already been on the phone with Dusty this month.

my other fear is the bench coach of the best team in the majors…but I’m guessing the next time the bench coach of a World Series contender leaves midseason will be the first (is that even allowed)?

• Hook 'Em 1

Hader had a 10 pitch 9th.

he threw 15 pitches yesterday.

his previous appearance was last Monday when he threw 14 pitches.

your offense gave you an insurance run so you only have to focus on the batter and don’t even have to worry about the zombie runner.

If you’re given those facts and you’re deciding between Hader for a 2nd inning and Montero, 29 out of 30 managers in MLB choose Hader for a 2nd inning.

7 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I’d say there is better than a 50/50 chance Crane has already been on the phone with Dusty this month.

my other fear is the bench coach of the best team in the majors…but I’m guessing the next time the bench coach of a World Series contender leaves midseason will be the first (is that even allowed)?

I'd take Ausmus right now, no questions asked.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Macklemore said:

You are seriously underrating what a moron Bo Porter was.  Like- didn't know rules of the game. 1 M Jimy was probably a decent baseball man but I hated him.  Managers I've liked for the Astros:

Art Howe, Larry Dierker, Phil Garner, AJ Hinch.  Everyone else can fuck themselves. 

• Hook 'Em 3

35 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Impressive burning of an option there 

This move literally could have been made 3 days ago 

It's not that bad.  Options are by the year- so this up and down didn't cost us anything long term with him.  

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

You are seriously underrating what a moron Bo Porter was.  Like- didn't know rules of the game. 1 M Jimy was probably a decent baseball man but I hated him.  Managers I've liked for the Astros:

Art Howe, Larry Dierker, Phil Garner, AJ Hinch.  Everyone else can fuck themselves. 

No doubt Bo Porter was a bad manager. I don’t remember him being this bad managing the bullpen or with his decisions to use a PH or not. Just 2 examples of how below grade Espada is as a major league manager. Agree with the list of managers that you have liked. I don’t think Terry Collins was that bad and can be set aside as being just “meh”.

Edited by Macklemore

17 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

No doubt Bo Porter was a bad manager. I don’t remember him being this bad managing the bullpen or with his decisions to use a PH or not. Just 2 examples of how below grade Espada is as a major league manager. Agree with the list of managers that you have liked. I don’t think Terry Collins was that bad and can be set aside as being just “meh”.

Terry Collins was a prick and his clubhouse hated him.  That's not good.  He wasn't a bad strategist or manager at all.

• Hook 'Em 2

Bringing Loperfido up and then back down within 3 days tells me everything I need to know about this organization. It’s run by know-nothing clowns. If he wasn’t going to play, he should have been getting at-bats and first base reps in Sugar Land.

stephen colbert lol GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

• Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

Bringing Loperfido up and then back down within 3 days tells me everything I need to know about this organization. It’s run by know-nothing clowns. If he wasn’t going to play, he should have been getting at-bats and first base reps in Sugar Land.

stephen colbert lol GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Bingo. Between this and the bullpen up and down shit Dana Brown has got to go. Abreu has to go as well but I think other things (Crane, etc) are in play there. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Crane better clean house first and send Espada and Dana packing before thinking about rebuilding. I don’t trust either of those clowns to lead a rebuild. Bagwell needs to be sidelined and we need to hire a proven, analytical nerd of a GM to right this sinking ship.

1 hour ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Dana Brown needs to be axe number 1. Then use a Groupon to get a 2 for 1 ticket to Cancun and send Abreu with him. 

Brown may not be a good GM. I am not sure we can say one way or the other at this point. He's definitely a world class bullshitter. But the real problem is Crane has decided that he and his cadre of "baseball guys" who only care about the back of the baseball card know how to build a roster better than the analytics guys . Until that changes, you can rotate guys in and out of the FO all you want, the results will be the same. At this point, why would someone like Mike Elias even want to work for this organization? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, APMP said:

I'll always love Bagwell the player. But I'm starting to worry that Crane, Brown, and Co. are on their way to becoming Easterby and Co. version 2.0.

Easterby and Co 2.0 would be a better scenario than what I fear we have: Jerry Jones 2.0. 

Edited by Seasick Sailor

It’s a reality we don’t want to face. The signs have been there all along. At some point Crane went to the Jerry Jones seminar for sports team owners. 
Itinerary:

Opening Remarks: Life after winning it all!

Grand BallroomA &B: How to fuck your fanbase hard, but give them enough to not burn your house down.

Salon A: New Unis, you found a way to print money, what are you buying next?

Lunch:

Texas Room: Lower your overhead, raise the profits. Air Conditioning, why? 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Hal Lanier was good.  Signed my glove when I was 6.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The radio broadcast last night was blasting Harry Walker pretty good.

didn’t come out and flat say “racist” but my 9 year old would have come to that conclusion with how they described him/ stories they told