Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, TejasPedro said:

Is Pablo Spanish for Dream Crusher?

i have no insider knowledge, but he seems pretty entrenched as Astro Alumni and he rehabbed Abrue in no time! 

6 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Pretty incredible: Brown, Arrighetti, France, Hader, Pressly, and Montero have combined for 22 losses in just 67 games.

What about the cabbage catch kid dropping the home run?

I’ve been busy and haven’t been able to watch last couple games. Catching up in here. I think I would have broken something had I watched last night. Colossal managerial malpractice last night. Wtf. Hader only threw 10 pitches in the 9th. He has broken the two inning barrier on multiple occasions this year. Going to Montero is a fireable offense. I know it’s old news and y’all have gone over it but before tonight’s game of horrors starts I had to vent. Good grief. I’m afraid to watch tonight 

12 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

I’ve been busy and haven’t been able to watch last couple games. Catching up in here. I think I would have broken something had I watched last night. Colossal managerial malpractice last night. Wtf. Hader only threw 10 pitches in the 9th. He has broken the two inning barrier on multiple occasions this year. Going to Montero is a fireable offense. I know it’s old news and y’all have gone over it but before tonight’s game of horrors starts I had to vent. Good grief. I’m afraid to watch tonight 

They’re on a roll trumping each “worst loss of the year” at an impressive rate.

• Rage+1 1

31 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

I watch to see how they snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

• Haha 1

I’m actually upset that Abreu is not in the starting lineup. I want fucking closure. We ride him, or we don't. 

And I enjoy watching how bad his at bats are. That's what ill miss the most. Mostly. 

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I watch to see how they snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Mostly all the relievers take turns blowing games.  And every time icono says Espada obviously should have put in the other guy...who just blew a game the day before.

Just now, runthebone said:

It's like the old days.  Team sucks, seeing if Altuve can lead the league in hits.

I miss the old slappy Altuve sometimes.  The 225 hit year was a lot of fun.

7 minutes ago, BrickTop said:

This dude has bad command and we are swinging at everything.

But why?  

We have not one, but two incredible hitting coaches!

Don’t forget Bagwell, the West Palm Beach swing guru, who clearly has worked wonders with Abreu!

But why?  
We have not one, but two incredible hitting coaches!
Don’t forget Bagwell, the West Palm Beach swing guru, who clearly has worked wonders with Abreu!

Dude is the reincarnation of Gaylord Perry with all the splitters