Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

9 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Ok i had been holding on, but I'm done. Put the tombstone up. These fucks are done.

Wouldnt shock me if they are swept.

What am I supposed to do the next 4 months now?

CJ Stroud and company report to training camp in 1 month! 😁

Edited by Dutchrudder
  • Hook 'Em 1

Dana is catching the tail end of this mess. Last year’s draft is showing something, we need a great 2024 draft. He’s moving zero players until crane gives him the green light. IMO, crane and Bagwell are still thinking we can catch the M’s, just need a 10 game win streak and sweep the M’s !!!!

I’d prefer we don’t rush back Garcia and LMJ. Retool for a 2025 run. Injuries sunk the season. 9 fucking pitchers on the injured list 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

What stupid shit is he saying now?

Nothing new tonight, but over the past several weeks he has insisted this team is on the right track, they'll turn it around, no need to panic, and "there is no scenario where the Astros will be sellers at the trade deadline". 

There's optimism and stubbornness, and Dana is the latter.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Nothing new tonight, but over the past several weeks he has insisted this team is on the right track, they'll turn it around, no need to panic, and "there is no scenario where the Astros will be sellers at the trade deadline". 

that’s reading the boss 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

What should the GM be saying instead?  “Yeah, we are totally fucked.  We have sucked shit through a straw all year and I don’t expect it to stop. I’ve got all our good players on the trade block and honestly we are looking at the draft lottery odds more than we are looking at playoff odds.  The trade deadline and 2025 can’t get here fast enough.”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Dana is saying what he is allowed or told to say. This shit isn't difficult, Dana is GM in title only when it comes to the make up of the actual 26 man roster, those decisions are being made by Crane and his HOF crew. Dana is here to rebuild the minor leagues through the draft, something he is really good at doing. We are starting to see the fruits of his 1st draft.

Dana and Espada were hired because they agreed to let Crane meddle in everything.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

9 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

What should the GM be saying instead?  “Yeah, we are totally fucked.  We have sucked shit through a straw all year and I don’t expect it to stop. I’ve got all our good players on the trade block and honestly we are looking at the draft lottery odds more than we are looking at playoff odds.  The trade deadline and 2025 can’t get here fast enough.”

he would get more respect if he did lol 

3 minutes ago, drewlaws said:

Honest question. Do yall trust this organization to rebuild? Is Dana Brown the guy and if so, can he do it without Crane/Bagwell meddling?

its going to be a ‘reload’ for 2025, not a rebuild. The core is in place. Crane isn’t giving up on a 2025 run

Edited by tx 3 putt

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

its going to be a ‘reload’ for 2025, not a rebuild. The core is in place. Crane isn’t giving up on a 2025 run

Don't they already have Brice Matthews playing some 3B like Bergman did?  

Lance needs to quit throwing to no one and just be activated because the longer he fucks around in BP sessions and rehab stints the quicker he is gonna get hurt again.  We need to milk him for his 20 innings now.  

• Hook 'Em 4