Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

What little I've seen on MLB concerning the weekend series suggested Baltimore never actually bothered to travel to MMP. The pundits can't quite get their heads around the reality of it and clearly don't want to credit Houston for having pulled the shocker. Can't say I blame them for being stunned, because we all were...but let's not ignore how impressive the Astros were. 

If we are over .500 at the AS break with confirmed return dates for Garcia and McCullers, I will start to think our streak will continue.

The big 3 bullpen is starting to show more elite performances than not.

In June, they are 0-2, 9 Hld, 7 Sv, 27 IP, 2.15 era, 0.920 WHIP, 9 BBs, 30 Ks, 3.33 SO/BB. The last 2 need to be higher. The team is 8-2 when they pitch, and the team is 13-7 so far in June, which is a 105 win pace.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

If we are over .500 at the AS break with confirmed return dates for Garcia and McCullers, I will start to think our streak will continue.

I keep saying if we are within in 4 come all star break, we winning this bitch.  

I think we win the division even if we aren't within 4 by AS break. Seattle will blow it.

I have been riding that wave for awhile....i had a small lapse of judgement last week because losing to the white sox pissed me off to that point lol

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I think we win the division even if we aren't within 4 by AS break. Seattle will blow it.

I have been riding that wave for awhile....i had a small lapse of judgement last week because losing to the white sox pissed me off to that point lol

That was such a bad loss to the White Sox that I'm still not able to fully enjoy the Baltimore sweep. 

• Like 1

Damn some of you love an empty BA.  If it's between Dubon and Singleton, sure I guess.

Singleton is too fat and slow to be that sloppy, I feel when he has runners behind him he gums up the works, similar to Rowdy Tellez but shittier.

5 hours ago, Scraps said:

The Astros were 10 games back after last Tuesdays shutout loss to the White Sox.

Happy Very Funny GIF by Disney Zootopia

Episode 67 of breathing orange fire is up. I make a detailed and stat based argument that the Astros are actually a good team disguised as a mediocre one. Listen up dummies- this is actually good work. 

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5Zbd1dDPTdWRnGIrohlNeE?si=u-1fqrXTStCyl4SUeQ1-iw

Episode 67 of breathing orange fire is up. I make a detailed and stat based argument that the Astros are actually a good team disguised as a mediocre one. Listen up dummies- this is actually good work. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1