Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

13 minutes ago, WBT said:

How about 1st place by the ASG?

Probably not, but another week like this last one...

Schedules are slightly favorable for us.

We each have series against MIN and TOR

we get 3 with Miami, they get 4 with Angels.

we have 3 with Texas, they have 2 with San Diego

we have 3 with Mets who have been hot, they have 3 with Baltimore who have not

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

If nothing else, drive up the price for others. I can't imagine the Astros have the right prospects to outbid whoever else wants him, but it's worth having some conversations.

Fixing the first base position for 2 years would be pretty awesome. If it takes Loperfido and a pitcher, I wouldn't mind. I don't see him fixing his strikeout rate any time soon and that's not sustainable. Hopefully the Blue Jays don't realize that...

26 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

I’d rather they make smaller moves at multiple positions, personally.  Definitely a bat at first and those are normally cheap, and then a reliever/swing man or fifth starter type.  

5th guy BOR guy should be done like July 31st and only if we don’t get back 2 of Bloss, JV, Garcia and LMJ before that day. 2 of those guys back and no use messing with it at that level imo. 

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

5th guy BOR guy should be done like July 31st and only if we don’t get back 2 of Bloss, JV, Garcia and LMJ before that day. 2 of those guys back and no use messing with it at that level imo. 

Let’s be real, which of those four don’t have big red flags in terms of reliability.  Plus everyone keeps presuming, without much evidence, that Garcia and LMJ would both be useful in the bullpen if we suddenly have enough starters.  

40 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

Let’s be real, which of those four don’t have big red flags in terms of reliability.  Plus everyone keeps presuming, without much evidence, that Garcia and LMJ would both be useful in the bullpen if we suddenly have enough starters.  

Oh I get the idea. Thats why I said I’d need to see at least 2 of those guys actually back and pitching. Unless they want to go try to get a guy you’d like to see start in the playoffs. 

42 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

I know Garcia can pitch out of the bullpen in ALDS Game 3s.

13 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

DNAguy has identified Sydney Sweeney as  one of his targets for a side piece.

It will take a lot to land a hottie like her, who will still be the hottest woman in the world in 2026, but she would bring her big tits and solve the current marriage dry spell problem.

• Drool 1

50 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

DNAguy has identified Sydney Sweeney as  one of his targets for a side piece.

It will take a lot to land a hottie like her, who will still be the hottest woman in the world in 2026, but she would bring her big tits and solve the current marriage dry spell problem.

Like the Astros and Vlad, you don’t have the pieces to land her. 

Edited by TonyTexas