Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

38 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

Well gents, looks like I need to take more trips to Europe. I was gone 8 days and no losses. I’ll send y’all my Venmo to help fund the campaign. 

Get the hell out of North America and back to Europe! I just booked your flight from Newark to Moscow. I listed your emergency contact as Brittney Griner so you're all set.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

25 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

I know, I just got off mine and I’m sitting at EWR waiting to get back to Houston. Change my mind, SurlyStros. 

Look at it like this... EWR is closer to Europe than Houston is. Save yourself a few hours... hit the Polaris lounge until the 10p flight to wherever, then claim your World Series ring.

What’s your mid season grade ?

C -

this team was horrible in April. Pitching and hitting wasn’t there. Players weren’t ready. That falls on the veteran locker room, then on the coaching staff. Substantial injuries, thankfully some young arms stepping up. This whole deal is being held together by a rag tag rotation. If one arm goes down and it’s over. Cutting Abreu was a huge plus. I don’t fault espada or brown for playing him, they had to keep him out there to expose the fraud 

let’s go win the AL West 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Mid Season Grade: D

This team was so bad, I dropped Fubo and began listening on iHeart Radio and I haven't missed too much. This was a lot for me as I would watch them every night for the last few seasons.

Pitching and RISP horrific early on and have finally come around a bit. We'll see what happens tomorrow when we take on the flaming hot Grimace's.

Not very hopeful for this season with our lack of top end pitching. But hey, lets win the AL West and see what happens!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Pablo said:

Mid Season Grade: D

This team was so bad, I dropped Fubo and began listening on iHeart Radio and I haven't missed too much. This was a lot for me as I would watch them every night for the last few seasons.

Pitching and RISP horrific early on and have finally come around a bit. We'll see what happens tomorrow when we take on the flaming hot Grimace's.

Not very hopeful for this season with our lack of top end pitching. But hey, let’s win the AL West and see what happens!

The Astros have 3 dudes who’ve been among the 20-30 best SP in the league over the last month plus another dude who tossed 7 scoreless his last time out.  Arrighetti hasn’t shown the consistency but Blanco, Framber, and Brown certainly look like “top end pitching” over the last 4-6 weeks.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Despite Ron Washington's claim in Moneyball, it's not that hard to play a serviceable 1B for a major league baseball player. 

If you can play short, you bet your ass you can play 1B.   Probably better than most every 1Bs.   No way in hell Shay Whitcomb can't play a better 1B than fat ass singleTON

Edited by Hornsbay22
humor
  • Hook 'Em 1