Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

Top 3 best Wins of the year.

After leaving 14 LOBsters on the bases last night, and shitty defense costing multiple runs in both games, it was really nice to see us make them pay with bases juiced in 2-out situations. Dubon and Bregman with major redemption today.

Through the first 14 innings of this series, it was beginning to feel like the win streak and getting back to .500 was fools gold, and we were backsliding into old bad habits.

• Hook 'Em 2

57 minutes ago, Hornsbay22 said:

Its hard to accept new Jake, he hit an Oppo bomb that I cheered then struck out on a ball in the other box that I cussed for two straight innings.

He sucks with 2 strikes 

most guys do

But he’s batting  .075 if the count gets to two strikes at any point 

(as I say that, in addition to the homer, he also singled with 2 strikes today).

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

trade him straight up for Julio Rodriguez or Luis Robert.

Are you under the impression someone said he's better than those guys?  Or that we have the option to get one of them?

Screenshot_20240630_080315_Chrome.thumb.jpg.62805712b8d25dc4febabb48ca044809.jpg

That .333 slugging and .072 ISO.  He's slappier than Dubon this year.

But Julio is 5 years younger and a Big Boy, so I'm pretty sure the M's will hold onto him.  And for all I know, his production may be more evenly distributed!

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 1