Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Montero should be sent down to AA.

He’s doing remarkable considering he’s totally lost the ability to strike out batters and has been really lucky on balls in play.  I’d DFA him.

• Hook 'Em 1

If we can’t protect our best hitter then what then what the hell are doing? This is why I love hockey. You don’t breathe on the other teams best player without repercussions. They should be afraid to pitch inside to Yordan for fear they might hit him. Send one of ours to the hospital we send one of yours to the morgue!! 

I’ll stop drinking now. I love hurricane parties. 

If we can’t protect our best hitter then what then what the hell are doing? This is why I love hockey. You don’t breathe on the other teams best player without repercussions. They should be afraid to pitch inside to Yordan for fear they might hit him. Send one of ours to the hospital we send one of yours to the morgue!! 

I’ll stop drinking now. I love hurricane parties. 

Problem is, we have no enforcers.
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I am surprised we haven't given Blumbaugh a shot over having a retarded manager trying to navigate 2 bullpen games, especially when we don't have a guy on the roster whose job it is to pitch 3-4 innings out of the pen.

Edited by HtownHorn

Yesterday is what happens when you play 2 CFs and no 2B.

Astros vs. Twins RHP Woods Richardson:

2B Altuve, SS Peña, 3B Bregman, DH Diaz, 1B Singleton, LF Dubón, CF Meyers, RF McCormick, C Salazar. P Arrighetti.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Now that Houston knows Verlander’s option won’t vest, that’s $17M cleared from next season’s payroll obligations.  If they attach prospects to Montero to dump his salary, they should have some solid financial flexibility at the deadline and possibly into the offseason.

Edited by Snake Diggity
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Snake Diggity said:

Now that Houston knows Verlander’s option won’t vest, that’s $17M cleared from next season’s payroll obligations.  If they attach prospects to Montero to dump his salary, they should have some solid financial flexibility at the deadline and possibly into the offseason.

100%, they need to dump Montero in any deal to level out the money. Graveman is another arm that could be used to offset money, I like Flaherty as well, and he is only signed $14M, though I am not sure if you can trade someone on the 60-day IL.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 hour ago, Snake Diggity said:

I offer him 2/40 right now. Would even go 3/60

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

I offer him 2/40 right now. Would even go 3/60

I want JV to win 300 in an astros uniform and be the last guy to ever do it. I’d offer 4/60 to spread the money around and give him that extra year if he gets to like 265 this year and then won something like 30 games over the next 3 years and needed 5 more or something. 

16 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I want JV to win 300 in an astros uniform and be the last guy to ever do it. I’d offer 4/60 to spread the money around and give him that extra year if he gets to like 265 this year and then won something like 30 games over the next 3 years and needed 5 more or something. 

Pretty sure he’s already deferring a lot what’s another 10 mil? Kates purse fund?

22 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Do you think they're going to make a serious effort to bring him back given his time on the IL this season and his age?