Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

8 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Our outfield sucks and our bench sucks. If Aledmys Diaz is on this team on Aug 1 that is another fireable offense. 

Diaz never really did it for me his first time around, so I don't expect him to help much now. A less versatile Dubon...and we already have the utility role covered by Dubon himself. 

Edited by Gut Wagon
  • Hook 'Em 1

Kikuchi and Ferguson have some warts but I like our chances of squeezing some juice out of those arms the way we have so far with Tayler Scott, Bryan King, and Kaleb Ort. All of those guys are strike throwers who don't walk a lot of hitters and have above average K:BB %s so I'm optimistic about the deals for the 2024 season. We are a better team today than we were yesterday. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

This is just a reminder that Garcia has already been sent on 1 rehab tour through shitty Texas and florida minor league compounds before we got here. But where we are now is not a setback.  For reasons.

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

reminder that we traded for this dude last night:

So we might be able to use him to take out A's players and possibly beat them? Where does the bandwagon line start!

5 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

Would much rather have given the three for him as opposed to sending them for a starter with a 5.00 era. We have starters coming back, we do not have a right handed bat at first base

We don't really have a left handed bat at 1B either.

• Hook 'Em 2

F+ for Dana. Not getting a right handed bat for first or an outfield bat to replace Chas is terrible. I mean how much could Canha have cost? But fuck it. It’s done. Our bat will be Tucker. JV gives us one last blast, Kikuchi becomes an asset and let’s go

Well there went Canha to the Giants. 

I'm fine with the deadline passing without acquiring a bat if it meant not giving up another prospect haul. Hitting is not our dire need, it was always about the pitching and we at least addressed it by getting a serviceable SP3/4 and another lefty reliever. Pitching is what will take us deep into October and one thing this organization has consistently shown is an ability to find hidden pitching gems that bear fruit later in the year. 

Edited by Gourmand
  • Hook 'Em 1

Let’s get Kikuchi in here and get him coached up and start winning some games. I expect zilch from the guy from the Yankees. No way they are sending a guy to Houston who could in any way help us against them in the playoffs. Hope he likes Sugarland.

57 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

So we paid significantly more for Kikuchi, cool.

Best bat traded was Arozarena. I wanted him very badly. Winner would have been a fine consolation prize. We got worked there because we were too busy looking for a pitcher and took our eye off the ball imo. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Best bat traded was Arozarena. I wanted him very badly. Winner would have been a fine consolation prize. We got worked there because we were too busy looking for a pitcher and took our eye off the ball imo. 

Winker

1 hour ago, Ojo Rojo said:

I thought we should have done nothing, personally.  Fans always clamor for additions.  We gave up way too much for Kikuchi when we have SPs coming back from injury and our farm is already light.

Tells you what they think of the guys they traded.